Monday, February 27, 2012

Performing

Teresa loves to sing. I really hope she keeps it up, and that she got her dad's singing ability instead of mine. She is really good at remembering tunes, and being able to make up her own words to specific tunes and stuff like that.

Lately she has been requesting lots of princess songs for bedtime. Her favorite is the song from Sleeping Beauty, but she also requests the Belle song, and the Cinderella song.

Today she was dancing around singing them, and I was surprised by how well she knew the words. I was even more surprised by how much she was willing to perform for the camera!

Here's her performance of Sleeping Beauty:


We've only seen Cinderella once, so I don't know any of the songs well enough to sing them when she asks for them. Here's what she came up with instead. It gets pretty repetitive, so don't feel obligated to watch the whole thing. But if you listen at the beginning she's singing it to the theme of Winnie the Pooh:


And, oh my goodness, the internet did not want you to see this next one. I maxed out my weekly upload limit on Vimeo, so I tried for two hours to just upload it on blogger. And was reminded why I switched to Vimeo in the first place. I was finally able to get Photobucket to work, but not without huge amounts of effort. So. Here is T's version of Beauty and the Beast:

6 comments:

Claire said...

She's awesome! I love that she even knows the words and is dancing like the princesses! :) Love it

Aislinn said...

Awesome, LOL! I love that she dances around while she sings. <3 I should let Ciaran watch more Disney movies...the only "song" he really sings is the Psych theme song, LOL. Aine says you need to teach her the "Animal Crackers" song so she can be a Shirley Temple impersonator!

Lindsey H said...

Since T and Landon are so close in age, I just naturally compare them (in a good way) and this is a definite example of our gender being ingrained in us before birth. Even if I showed Landon a princess movie, he would never do this. That is adorable to see!

David said...

Wonderful video's. Marc even makes a few cameo appearances.
If you had paid more attention when I sang to you children, you would know where her talent comes from! We hope she keeps singing also.

Love, Dad and Mom
xoxoxoxo

Melissa said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is some serious cuteness!! I can't believe how well she knows the words to those songs. And here I was thinking my little guy was really improving in his speech. He has a LONG way to go to catch up with T.

fiona said...

She knows those songs so well!! And I like her version of Cinderella, haha! Very peppy :) You'll hafta get her singing Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo... Maeve and I sat here watching them. She was quite impressed, too :D I loved how she'd get "stuck" on the Beauty and the Beast song, like a little broken record, and you'd give her a little verbal nudge, hehe! She's quite the little performer, for sure!