Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Halloween Post

I'm warning you now, there are a lot of pictures in this post. I whittled it down from almost 400, though. You're welcome.

Teresa decided this year that she wanted to be a ballerina kitty cat for Halloween. Nora got no vote. I was pretty excited because they were really easy costumes to put together. Also, I'm pretty sure I was a black cat for Halloween for at least 4 years in a row. I made their hats and tails, with the tail being one of T's favourite parts, she kept trying to see behind herself to make sure it was still there. With all the hurricane hoop-la we weren't sure if they would get to go trick or treating so I let them put their costumes on a few days early just to play:




We carved our pumpkin on Tuesday night. I know it's Halloween blasphemy, but I really don't love carving pumpkins. But, since the girls are old enough to care now we figured we might as well start this year.


Teresa was so, so excited the whole time, she just couldn't wait. Below is Nora's reaction to our poor pumpkin getting cut in to. She was sobbing "no, pumpkin, no, Daddy" as Marc started sawing.


She got over it fast, though, and had fun getting her hands in to scoop out the guts. 




Mmmm, delicious.




Immediately after the above picture she tipped her chair over and crashed to the floor. Poor babe has been having a rough week in that regard, I think she's bonked her head at least twice each day this week.


We were so blessed this week, hurricane Sandy was not as horrible here as had been predicted. Considering our power goes out if someone sneezes too close to the line, we believed the power company when they warned we might be without power for a few weeks. We lost half our power early in the day on Monday, and it was only completely out for about three hours all together. Anyway, the girls were thrilled that trick or treating was able to carry on as expected. They could hardly wait to get into their costumes on Halloween.



Hehe, I had let T wear her costume to the commissary earlier in the day, and had just quickly put on her cat makeup. An older woman was complimenting her outfit and said "oh, I bet you did that make-up all on your own!". T said no, she didn't, and I fibbed a little and told the lady I had helped her do it, to which she replied "oh, I bet Mama didn't help you very much, though", lol. I guess I need to work on my face painting skills.



Coloring is one of Nora's favourite things to do, and while I was putting her make-up on she kept saying "you color pictures Mama?". I let the girls do my face when I was done with them - they both loved it, of course, but Nora took it so seriously, she would study my face for a bit and then add some more make-up, then pause to reassess before adding more.

                                     



To my complete and utter shock, they both kept their mitten 'paws' on the whole night.






Teresa was very adamant that they were ballerina kitty cats NOT kitty cat ballerinas.


Nora was so funny, every time Marc tried to snap a picture of us she would pretend to bite me. She says "I funny, I funny", little rascal.



 Tails.


They were so excited to go to the first house, especially since it was our good friends and neighbors house. Nora thought she needed to eat all the candy she got there right away. 



Charlie and Jenneth went trick or treating with us, they moved in next door to us a few months ago. The girls just love them so much, today I asked Nora if she was ready for her nap and she said "ummm, no, I go see Jennef".


Nora thought a few of the houses were 'too scary', and when we walked past a man in a bear suit she stuck her hand out at him and said "NO!", but they both thought this headless horseman was such a 'nice horsey' :).




I just thought Nora looked so cute up there, with her tail hanging down Marc's back.






4 comments:

pauline said...

It looked like a busy and memorable time at your house this past week or so! You did such a good job on the hats and tails ... I love how you have the pink inner part on the ears, and then the tail ends matching. You also made the hats... you are amazing :) Hah, lookat N eating the raw pumpkin ... good for for! T didn't want any? They did a good job on painting your face too ... fun for all! Thanks for sharing all that with us... it was great! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

pauline said...

It looked like a busy and memorable time at your house this past week or so! You did such a good job on the hats and tails ... I love how you have the pink inner part on the ears, and then the tail ends matching. You also made the hats... you are amazing :) Hah, lookat N eating the raw pumpkin ... good for for! T didn't want any? They did a good job on painting your face too ... fun for all! Thanks for sharing all that with us... it was great! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

fiona said...

They are so stinkin' adorable! The tails and ears are so cute. You did a great job! Nora is so funny! I loved all the cute little things abt her in this post... the sadness at the pumpkin getting carved... painting your face so seriously... yelling NO! at the bear... "biting" you in the pics... anyway, she's super cute. So is T, of COURSE. That's hilarious abt your accidental insult at the store! hahaha!! I think their faces look great! I don't know what that lady was lookin' at! Oh, also, I greatly dislike carving pumpkins. That's why Z gets to actually do it, and I take pics and make comments.

the Jorgensens said...

They look do cute! We miss you guys so much already. I can't wait for the next time we can get together! I'm glad we have Texas in common!