Tuesday, August 3, 2010

...including yet another dancing video

We've enjoyed having Marc's mom here with us this week, she had some friends driving through to go to Disney World and they were nice enough to drop her off in Pensacola on their way there. Tressa has had lots of fun playing with Gigi, and I've gotten to take lots of naps and change not very many diapers, which is always nice.

Poor little T fell and got her first skinned knee on Saturday. Ironically just the day before I had been pondering how I was surprised she hadn't done so yet. I guess that makes it partially my fault. Anyway, it was very sad, she kept reaching down to rub it like it was bothering her, so we figured we should bandage her up.

Hmm, it doesn't look so bad in this pic, but trust me, it was pretty traumatic.


She was a little unsure of what we were doing...


Once we got Teresa bandaged up on Saturday we headed over to Foley, Alabama to try out a restaurant we saw on the Food Network. We've been burned before by trusting the Food Network (you know, that time we drove WAY down in San Antonio to try the Taco Taco Cafe, which was supposed to have the best tacos in America, only to discover that they were, in fact, some of the worst tacos we had ever eaten) so we were pleasantly surprised that this place lived up t0 all the hype. There was a huge line to get in and we were lucky enough to only wait in the heat and humidity for about 35 minutes. They had really yummy, homestyle food, that we all enjoyed, their 'thing' was that they throw the rolls to you. They just had lots of guys wandering around with hot rolls and they would toss them to you if you wanted more. It was good, if you're ever in Alabama, you should check it out :).

Just a cute pic...shoes courtesy of Aunt Melissa. T loves them, she keeps bringing them over to be put on.


And I know I probably put up too many dancing videos, but we just get such a kick out of watching her dance around. This one features her awesome spinning in circles move. One of these days we'll get a video that lasts more than ten seconds...


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh...she is just so cute!! I am glad you had fun with Mom. I know she enjoyed all the T hugs and kisses. I was hoping that she could smuggle T across the state line, but I heard Marcus got all parental and refused to let her go:( I know T and my baby would have a great time together!!
I am glad she likes the shoes. My little guy likes his as well (of course his look like little black high tops, not Mary Janes). And don't worry about too many dancing videos. You can't help it that you have a "Dancing Queen".

David said...

A great post. Too bad Mike couldn't come. He deserves kisses and hugs also. So sorry about her knee. T probably lasted longer than most babies before a scrape.
Those are lovely shoes and it was great to see she remembered the Texas swing move. Keep the videos coming.

Love to all, Dad and Mom

pauline said...

... yes, and I notice she didn't forget to include a few of her usual "dips" dancing steps as well as the cool swing dance ... she has rhythm! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox
ps awww, her poor knee ... I am sure it was quite sore indeed ... till the bandaid arrived anyway ... aren't they magic?!

fiona said...

She's such a cute dancer, of course you gotta put up the vids! Her shoes are adorable, they totally make the outfit in the video :) Sad about her knee. I remember when N&B started being continually banged up, I was kinda sad that their perfect owie-less skin was never going to be the same again... I'm also glad that restaurant did NOT let you down like Taco Taco did. Seriously. And that picture above the video is super adorable!