Sunday, May 2, 2010

Crawfish

Have I mentioned that the humidity level in Florida is always at about 1000%? It's ridiculous. I don't even bother straightening my hair here, since it poofs up as soon as we walk out the door. On the plus side, T's hair gets these cute little ringlets in the back and all over that I just love.

Anyway...we went to the Pensacola Crawfish Festival on Saturday. It wasn't especially festival-ish, it was mostly just a bunch of people eating crawfish together outside. We had fun, though. Marc and Kevin ate a ton of crawfish (three pounds each...), I ate a couple of crawfish, and T yelled at us a lot for not giving her any crawfish. We did let Teresa try alligator for the first time while we were there. She reacted to it the way she does to all food: she wanted more. Sometimes I think she doesn't even taste what she's eating, she just loves to eat anything!



Tressa just happened to be wearing her 'I heart Cheerios' shirt that day, and the Cheerio's Nascar just happened to be at the festival too. Of course we had to take T's picture by it. She wasn't as excited about it as we were. She was pretty ready for a nap at this point.



Marc and Kevin are growing moustaches. They started the same day, but as you can see, Marc is definitely falling behind...he only has until Tressa's birthday, then it's coming off!



And, especially for Bran:



8 comments:

Keli said...

You think the humidity is bad now wait until june and july! it is so hot its unbearable!

Melanie said...

Your friend Kevin's mustache is especially awesome because it contrasts so much with his skin... he looks like a matador!

I love festivals like that, because you never know what quirky thing you're going to find... we were at one in PA, and we bought gator bites, never dreaming they were actually alligator, just thinking they called their chicken nuggets something cool. That chicken had a suspicious fish taste to it!

Aislinn said...

Augh. I just typed out a long comment, one-handed, and then the internet ate it. So mad.

I'll be back.

Rob and Erin said...

THIS IS MOM

hi there ... those pics are great! Poor little Treasa Breege ... no crawfish for her!!! They look pretty menancing to me, with their big ol' claws! She loves being on Daddy's shoulders! You all look great ... thanks for sharing! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

fiona said...

Bran loved the knight pics! Shocker, I know. He actually asked "why there's not a picture of Auntie Tara?" (being a knight, since there ARE other pics of you, obviously ;) Which are very cute, by the way! You remind me of high school-ish Tara, with the not-so-straight hair! Cool Cheerios shirt on Little T! I kinda want one. And yuck about the crawfish. They're like giant insects. I still can't believe you like them, oh fish-hater... But it sounds like a fun time! Nice collages, too :)

Rob and Erin said...

Wow, I totally left a comment a couple of days ago. Hmmm...well here it goes againish, although i don't think i can recreate the exact same vibe. Totally cute pics! I like the one of you and T by the car. and T on Marc's head, and M and T as knights! I'm with Bran, where's the Auntie Tara knight picture?

Rob and Erin said...

Wait a minute! Did you delete my previous comment? I'm pretty sure it was benign, so why, TAra, why?

Tara said...

Haha, I promise I didn't delete your previous comment, it totally never showed up! Are you sure it really happened? Yeah, I guess I should have taken a knight picture, but at this point T was pretty ticked, and we still wanted to put her by the cheerio car so...I didn't want to try her patience for any longer.