Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Great Outdoors

Okay, I realize that all I ever post about is Teresa, but...that's pretty much my life now. If I ever do anything non-Teresa centered, I'll be sure to let y'all know.

So, on to the real subject of today's post...Teresa LOVES to be outside. Seriously, any sort of complaining or crying ceases as soon as we go outside. Ever since she was born, too. When she was brand new, a lot of the time she would only let us sit down when she was fussing if we were outside. Which wasn't too exciting this summer when the weather was 100+ degrees everyday. Anyway, she really likes to watch the trees moving in the wind. So. Cute. She usually just sits quietly, looking around, with an occasional squeal or cheer thrown in. Or sometimes she chats softly to herself, so quietly I can barely hear her.

I took these pictures yesterday, when we were out on the grass. Well, I was on the grass and T was on her blanket, which worked out nicely for her, since I came in covered in little bug bites, but Teresa did not. We usually sit on the bench swing in the backyard, and Teresa was definitely interested in the different feel of the grass under her blanket.

hmm, I guess I could have rotated this one...


Staring up at the trees, it was a windy day!



Seriously, how lucky am I to get to see this cute face everyday? I'm so grateful for her!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

So precious! I wish I could see that face everyday too. I guess I'll have to settle for occasionally.

I am so enjoying the nice weather lately. I love having the windows open.

And don't worry, we don't mind that you always post about Teresa. She is the star of the show now!

fiona said...

She is too cute! My guys really liked being outside, too, esp. Bran who had some very fussy moments. Thank goodness for going out! I love that she just watches the trees...what a nature girl :) I asked N if she wanted to see pics of Baby Teresa (and of course she came running over) and she asked, "her lying on a tiger blanket?" and I said, no, that's her werewolf shirt and her pants...we gave her those! and N says, "oh. That weally nice of me. You too." It was funny :D Okay, doesn't sound that funny writing it...anyway, T's adorable, it's to be expected and welcomed that she will be the main subject of the blog! Though we like your other posts, too, of COURSE ;)
Love ya! Looking veeery forward to Dec.!

J'Nette said...

my little man is the same way, dont they just make you appreciate the little things more! She is beautiful by the way, and i'm glad i'm not the only one who's life revolves around my child :)

Rob and Erin said...

She's so cute! I love the first picture. It looks like she's walking through a thick hedge of bushes or something. You are super lucky! L, B, and C were the same way about outside. L and I would wander around our Provo apt. complex, picking new spots of grass to sit in.
Cute outfit too, very Halloween-y! And look at those Blue, blue eyes! That reminds me of the primary song...Whenever I hear, anyway Love y'all!

Rob and Erin said...

Love the header picture!!! She is so beautiful :0)

pauline said...

Such nice pics of little Teresa ... she's playing "Tiger in the grass." It's fun seeing her every day, you are right !!! Love, Mom (Dad too)xox

Carolyn said...

What an angel. Thanks for the post. I love looking at your daughter. Thank you for sharing. She does look like she is standing in the first picture. Thank you so much.

Love,
Carolyn

Aislinn said...

What a beautiful girl! She does look like she's playing "tiger in the grass" with her cute orange outfit and the grass coming up around her. LOL! It won't be long before she is trying to play that and sneak up on the cats, I bet! What a sweet little outdoors-girl! :D We loved seeing her yesterday!