Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tinkerbell

So, a month or so ago we took a trip to the dollar store and found some fabulous wings that Teresa wanted more than just about anything else in the world. We bought them on the condition that she couldn't have them until she went poo in the potty. So they came home with us and have sat up on top of the fridge ever since. She would catch sight of them now and then and beg for them, and go sit on the potty in hopes of getting them.

And then today I totally caved and just gave them to her even though she hadn't really earned them yet.

Because I could only say no to her sweet little face saying "please, my wings Mama" so many times.

She was almost shaking with excitement to get them on and immediately proclaimed "Look Mama, I'm Tinkerbell!", followed by "Lets go fly to the park!".


She accessorized with an awesome pink head band and her princess shoes.


Now that the weather is getting cooler we've been spending more evenings outside. T was having fun flying around the yard.





Showing off her Tinkerbell skirt:



You know what she's saying here? "I NE-FER (never) get to play catch". She's so dramatic, she just NEVER gets to do anything. Anything I tell her no about is followed by her throwing her head back and saying "I ne-fer get to fill-in-the-blank". Umm, we play catch every. single. day.


Much happier now that we're playing catch.


And I have to include a picture of Nora. We got these little overalls for free at the Airman's Attic, and I just think they are the cutest things ever. Seriously, I probably make her wear them way too often, but I just want to squish her when she's wearing them!

5 comments:

David said...

A great post, how nice of you to fly with Teresa to the park! She is adorable flying around the yard and such pretty wings. Nora is so huggable, even if she didn't have the great looking outfit on.
Love, Dad and Mom xoxoxoxo

Lindsey H said...

That is just too cute! Sure teaches me again about gender differences since Landon has never wanted anything of the sort even when we pass by them. PS I love my boys but quit making me want a girl! :-p

Aislinn said...

Oh, the wings are so totally cute on her! It does seem cruel to keep them away from her for so long, LOL. Sometimes you just have to give in. ;) Maire has renewed jealousy over the fact that we're not getting a baby girl now, by the way. LOL. Boy things just aren't as cute, even if the boys themselves are adorable and beloved, LOL! ;) Nora in her overalls is sooo cute!!! If you wanted to girly-fy them, you could sew little fabric roses on the top chest pocket like I did with Maire's overalls (passed down from Patrick, LOL). I loved those overalls! I think a 3-pack of roses was like $2 at WM.

fiona said...

Aagh! I LOVE the overalls! I love babies in overalls, in general, but look at how sweet and cute she is!! And that curl that totally makes me want to yell, "surf's up!" I love her :)

I'm glad you gave lil' T her wings. Sometimes the whole "earning them" thing is totally superseded by how you will just absolutely fulfill a little child's dream of dreams. And that is so worth it, isn't it? Her Tinkerbell skirt is perfect with them. Her whole outfit is perfect! I'm also glad you finally played catch with the poor neglected little thing... ;)

Rob and Erin Smith said...

T is such a cute Tinker Bell! Love the NE-FER too! Her accessorizing is also awesome, she has a wicked sense of style! Look at her holding her skirt up. I glad you let her have her day!

Oh, she does look so squishable and super adorable! I Love those! I have also always had a soft spot for overalls...but combined with the cuteness that is Nora it's a little overwhelming... Look at that curl and those cheeks, and her pudgy little baby hands and arms! I get to hold her in 2 months!