Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tigger and Piglet

Teresa has been in love with Tigger since her first introduction to him, so he seemed to most logical choice for a Halloween costume. I suggested Belle, Tigger, or Minnie Mouse to T several times, and I was actually a little surprised she kept choosing Tigger. But, she does love to have me sing the Tigger song while she bounces around the house, so I guess it was about time she got some good Tigger dress up clothes to go along with it.

For some reason I decided it would be a good idea to make her costume myself, and honestly, I'm pretty shocked that it turned out as well as it did. I just drew up a pattern based loosely on some of her footed pajamas and went from there. As with all of my sewing projects, it was pretty frustrating most of the time. Especially when my machine and I had a big misunderstanding where I thought we were threading it wrong and spent 2+ hours trying to figure it out. I put in my first ever zipper, which actually turned out to be a ton easier than I thought it would be. Way easier than attaching the sleeves, that's for sure.


(That's part of a slinky in her tail, to make it all spring-y)


Teresa loved it. We went to Marc's company trunk-or-treat on Thursday and after T was all dressed and ready to go I walked in on her in my room looking at herself in the mirror and saying "BOUNCE!" over and over again while she jumped up and down.

And of course since we had a Tigger we had to have a Piglet as well. Nora's outfit was a million times easier to put together since it only involved a sharpie and a few stitches to her ears.







The next night we had our church chili cook-off and trunk-or-treat. There were a ton of people there, and tons of yummy chili's to choose from. I got T a bowl of some mild chili and got my bowl from a pot labeled "very hot, do not feed to children", and of course when we sat down T refused to eat hers and insisted on eating mine instead. She made it through five whole bites before deciding it was pretty hot and freaking out about it. Silly girl.

She loved the trunk or treating, of course, and brought home so much candy we probably won't even bother going out on Halloween.

We found some awesome Tigger colored hair spray at Wal-Mart. Doesn't she look like the Mad Hatter? (Johnny Depp style)


I promise she liked it, she was just mad about having to go back outside for a picture. She's transitioning out of naps this week, so she's pretty grumpy in the evenings, and any little thing can set her off. It's fun.


Suckers fix just about anything, though...




I combed the color out of her hair before bed and it looked even more awesome once it was brushed out. Who knew her hair could get even bigger than it usually is?




Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

pauline said...

Oh my goodness!!! Teresa's hair is amazing ... the colour made me LOL ... and the combed-out result is wonderful ... SO big, her hair! Oh, she looks so cute in her Tigger costume, and you did a great job sewing it Tooks! I love Nora as Piglet... she is SO cute too, and her outfit is perfect... pink etc... and not too cumbersome for her (where's Piglet's little curly tail?!). Looks like the whole family had fun with Halloween ... you can surely get rid of some of that excess candy on Monday... Thanks for the great pics... Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Lindsey H said...

You deserve total props for pulling off that adorable Tigger costume by youself! It looks way good! When I was reading your post, Liam said some babbled word that had the n sound so I'm totally going to pretend that he said Nora and they were friends in the per-existance.

Rob and Erin Smith said...

A slinky in her tail! That is so awesome!!! I love all the pictures! They are both so cute, and like Mom, I LOVE her big hair, holy cow! I just want to fluff it. Colin's loving all these pictures! "Ahh! Teresa's kissing that pumpkin, and tasting it." Way to go making those too cute costumes :0) Can't wait to hold that little piglet and tigger...

fiona said...

Tara, Tara, Tara... why much you always put the rest of us to shame with your mad sewing/crafting skills? WHY??? That is one amazing costume, especially with the slinky in the tail! And her hair is most awesome. And the no-nap thing is not-so-awesome. Little Piglet is super adorable, too. I AM slightly disappointed that Marc's Pooh costume was not finished in time, though...