Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Y Song

When bedtime rolls around we let T pick a couple of songs for us to sing (it actually usually ends up being a lot more than a couple), and along with all the normal little kid songs she'll also request some random songs. She'll throw a topic out there like "Pink song!" or "Birdie song!" and if we don't know a song on that topic we'll just make one up. Example: last week she wanted a song about a bug, so we sang "I'm a bug, I'm a bug, I'm a bug, I'm a bug", etc.

Try not to be overwhelmed by our creativity.

Actually, some of them are much better than that, but she's always happy enough with even our lamest songs.

Anyway, tonight while we were singing she hopped up and said "Come on, guys, get up, lets sing the Y song!". We asked her what song she was talking about and she said "The Y song!!". We asked her to sing it for us, and it was pretty awesome. She would sing her little song and then say "one more time!" and then sing a totally different song. By the time I got the camera out she was stuck on a bunny theme, but usually when she makes up songs they go something like this: "princessess na na na and daddy na na na and Teresa's a princess na na na and Mickey Mouse" etc.

The first video is a little shaky because Nora kept trying to grab the camera from me.


5 comments:

Aislinn said...

Oh my goodness, she's adorable! I love the bunny hopping and watching her hair bounce and "One more time?" Soooo cute! :D It almost sounds like Sandra Boynton's "Barnyard Dance"...y'know...hop with the bunnies, spin with the chickens now, cluck, cluck, cluck...or something like that...LOL. I'm going to let Ciaran watch this tomorrow...he'll love it! <3 I can't believe how big she is! Awww...

Marc said...

I better get a modeling fee for my work here. :)

David said...

Oh my! How cute and energetic! What great videos. Love her spinning. Time for bed here also.
Love to all, Dad and Mom xoxoxo

fiona said...

Haha, those are great! She's such a little performer! Z and I used to totally have to make up songs like that... we'd get a request for a "knight song" or whatever. Good times. Maeve laughed a lot at these videos, and Nuala and Bran really liked them, too. Then we watched a bunch more of your vimeo vids, and the kids loved them, even though they've seen most of them. Tressa feeding Nora was a big hit, BIG hit! M laughed a lot, and we all did. Especially when Nora kept sneezing herself into the spoon, haha :D

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Oh, those were so cute! Love her! She's really got a some good moves too! We used to get random song requests too...so fun! At first I thought she was going to perform the BYU cougar song. "rise and shout" Ya know...but hers is Much awesomer! Her little green dress is so cute too!