Sunday, June 12, 2011

Things she says: Part 2

Teresa is talking more and more, almost on a daily basis. I love listening to the things she says, or attempts to say ;)

-Recently she started requesting the 'Tinkle shtar' song. I was surprised to find that she knew all the words to it, since we hardly ever sing it. I guess she learned it in Nursery at church? Anyway, she can sing pretty much the whole thing, but her version of the first line is "Tinkle tinkle little shtar. How I wonder are are are". I love it.

-"Open da doors". She says this about just about anything she wants opened. Doors, windows, a box, snacks, water bottles, my glasses case, whatever, they're all "doors".

-"Good job Sessa". We hear this one a lot. Anytime she does anything she's proud of, she claps and says 'good job Sessa!". Last week we were coming downstairs in the morning, and T really wanted me to carry her down, even though I had Nora too. So I picked her up in one arm and had N in the other. When we got downstairs T clapped and said "Good job Mommy!" It totally made it worth it :)

- "Oh no, happened?" T's version of asking what happened. If something is broken, or if N is crying, or when she notices her fingernails aren't painted anymore - anything like that, T puts up her little hands and says "oh no, happened?". It's pretty cute, she always sounds so concerned when she says it.

-"Yook at Sessa". She loves to pretend to take pictures, and always says "yook at Sessa" when she does. Probably because I'm always saying "look at mommy" and following her around with a real camera...

-Ever since she saw a Tinkerbell movie where Tinkerbell gets captured she'll randomly say "oh no, Tinkabell stuck!". She was excited to wear her green dress the other day because "is a Tinkabell dress".

-She has recently dubbed orange juice as "yemen juice". I drink lemon juice in the mornings sometimes, and I thought she knew the difference, but, yeah...maybe not. Actually, I think it's because we switched to frozen o.j., and it definitely tastes more sour than the stuff in the cartons.

-She really likes frogs right now. Only she pronounces 'frog' the same way as you would pronounce a different, less desirable four letter word that also starts with 'f'. Awesome

4 comments:

pauline said...

You forgot to mention how often she says "outshide". Always wanting to be outside. She certainly has lots of reasons to say "good job, Sessa". Hopefully she won't see a frog at church.
Love you all, Dad and Mom

fiona said...

Hee hee, I can totally hear her saying "Oh no, happened?" WEll, I can imagine it! These are all so cute, I can't wait to hear her in person. Especially "frog". I hope she doesn't get that word figured out before we get there :D She sounds like a little seal, singing "How I wonder are are are." Well, again, I imagine ;) I love that she's "Sessa" to herself! What does she call Nora?

Tara said...

She calls her 'Nor' or 'baby Nor'. She's surprisingly good at her r's.

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Oh my goodness! She's quite the conversationalist! That's awesome that she still thinks of "Tinkabell" and Yook at Sessa, awesome! So cute! Ha hahaa! I love her!