Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sisters, Princesses, and Babies (Oh my!)

I'm so excited for T and Nora to be best friends. Nora adores T, she just grins and grins at her whenever she is in sight. And T feels the same way about her. Teresa got a toddler bed this week and Nora moved in to the crib, and T just so badly wanted Nora to sleep in her new bed with her, it was so sweet. She cried and cried when we took Nora out.


Don't they look so much alike in this picture? This pic is the first time I've really thought they looked a ton like each other.

Love that cheesy grin :)



I wanted to get some cute pictures of the girls before church on Sunday, but this is what T was giving us:



Nora was more cooperative:



Teresa has started to show some interest in princesses lately. Not so much the Disney ones yet, but just in general. The other day she came in with a blanket on her head saying "Sessa pincess", so I told her she was a very beautiful princess, and then she kept walking around with the blanket repeating "bootiful pincess".



I found this Snow White dress for super cheap at Ross a few months ago, and T has just now been wanting to wear it. This is her doing a princess dance.



One drawback to having a super tall two year old is that she can reach way too much stuff on the counter! She filched the juicer and a juiced lemon and kept bringing me 'yemen juice'.



T keeps coming up with the most creative way to wear her babies. Today it was her apron, and she wore her baby most of the day:



5 comments:

pauline said...

such cute pics ... I love how the apron can double as a baby carrier :) Isn't it funny... those b4 Church pics ... you should point them out to Tressa and she will prob wish she'd been smiling too, like Nora! Maybe (?) it'll help for next Sunday! Oh, her toddler bed is SO cute ... purple... bet she loves it! I do. The "pincess' outfit is very cute... also the snow white dancing costume. Ah, both girls... friends... isn't it nice! and they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

J'Nette said...

i really love your blog, i read it all the time and laugh :). She is adorable, i'm so glad they are so close already.

Rob and Erin Smith said...

They're so cute! Nice little bed. I love how T has her arm around Nora! They are so beautiful and sweet and they'll definitely be best friends, look at them already! What a fun thing! Nora's smiling Sunday picture is so so cute! Look at that huge grin you got out of her. T's apron is very handy! and stylish and that was so sweet of her to bring you yemen juice. Nora in the background is so cute! and T is a such a "bootiful pincess!" Hee hee, grumpy T is So cute too :0)

fiona said...

You know, before you even said that you thought they looked alike in that pic, I had said to myself: "Wow, they really kinda look alike there!" So, they do, OBVIOUSLY! Her bed is super cute. Why in the world wouldn't you let N stay with her? ;) I love the Sunday pics! So much personality coming through, for each girl! I'm impressed with T's babywearing skills, too. I mean, I've never even tried, let alone succeeded in, wearing a baby in an apron! Aislinn probably has. Nice find on the Snow White dress for your "bootiful pincess," by the way! So funny that she's already into that stuff! And that would indeed have its drawbacks, the whole tall-two-year-old-who-can-reach-everything thing... good luck with that... ;)

Carolyn said...

So adorable. Thanks so much for sharing Tara. It makes me miss my kids, but it makes me feel like I get to experience the whole mommy thing too. And seriously, what great stories to live vicariously, thanks so much. You Rickers are awesome storytellers. Tressa is just so adorable. My favorite part is that she loves Nora so much. I think you should save this post and a couple others in a special place so you can remind her often. When she is a teenager and doesn't what her "annoying" little sister hanging around.