Monday, June 20, 2011

Life stuff

Look, I've been taking a TON of pictures lately, and I need to do something with them. We've just been doing normal life stuff lately, nothing out of the ordinary, but it seems like almost every day T does something that has me running for the camera.

Sooooo, this is a big long blog post, mostly for journaling reasons, so read on at your own risk ;)

T has a definite fashion sense of her own. She picks her own clothes most days, and accessorizes a ton. She loves shoes, when we're looking at shoes in a store she'll get all quiet and awestruck almost, and just keep repeating "so pitty, so pitty" (pretty). It's pretty cute. She makes some interesting choices:


And a close up:


On Saturday she chose to wear one leg warmer on her arm:


She loves her hats, and tea parties now:


We're dipping our toes in to the potty training pool:


Uncle Zac stopped by to visit. We were super excited to get to hang out with him for a few hours, and can't wait to see the rest of his family next month. T wanted him to lay on the floor with her and he was a great sport about it - she made him use her tea pot as a pillow:



Nora has been being cute and growing bigger and more interested in the world every day. These first three pictures are from about a month ago:




These ones just make me smile:




Teresa loves horses right now. I'm pretty excited about it, cause I was a total horse nerd when I was a kid. She needed to ride both of her horses at the same time:


Nora fell asleep when I was finishing T's room. Isn't she cute?


Speaking of T's room, I finally got it all put back together and organized after switching out her crib for a toddler bed.


(can you find Nora in this picture....?)


This is the cleanest it's ever been, and that's only because T was down helping Daddy get the Durango cleaned out and washed and ready to sell. We bought a new car, and this one gets way more than 13 miles per gallon. The car payment and gas for this car combined will still be less than what we were paying just in gas for the Durango each month, so we're pretty excited about that. It's just your standard Toyota Camry, like pretty much everyone else has:


Marc and I ran our second 5k this past Saturday. It still took me forever, but I did shave 4 and half minutes off my time, so I'm calling it a success.


The girls did quit crying eventually...


And one last picture of the Teresa, for the road:

4 comments:

David said...

Oh, that was a grrreat journal entry, and we enjoyed it thoroughly! What cute little girls! I love T's room all nice and tidy, but I'll bet she wasn't long about making it "more fun to live in" after you got it all done! Zac was nice to get down on the floor as instructed by T! Nice pic of him and Marc with the babies... Good job on the 5K... you both look great! Your stroller occupants were very patient!... I wonder if T's bandaids were part of her accessories too ... oh, and the tea party and the cute hat... hmmm, I'm sure she'll be thrilled to see that potty pic of herself when she's "a little" older ... N looks so cute sleeping on the tiger rug, and look at her grabbing 2 toys on her little mobile! Nice car! Ah, you were right to put up all those pics... we loved them all... thanks for sharing! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

fiona said...

Wow, T's room is lovely! Very, very nice, Tooks :D And way to go on the 5K, both of y'all! That's awesome. Haaa! Z had a teapot for a pillow! I think I can arrange the same for him when he returns. I'm so jealous he's seen y'all TWICE now, but at least I get to spend a few days there! Poor Nora, with those babies smashed around her. And what's cuter is you know lil' T was being so sweet by putting them there :) Okay, the ONLY problem with these post w/so many different pics, is that I want to comment on all of them! And then my comment's super long... Oh well ;) I love the rubberband bracelet's Tressa's wearing, and her double horse-riding, ha! And to end, Nora is so stinking (probably literally, at times ;) adorable! She has such rad hair. RAD. I am sooo sososo soooo excited for next month :D And, oh yeah, I really like that flower picture frame in T's room!

zachariah said...

That teapot was darn comfortable! It was great to see y'all!

Rob and Erin Smith said...

T's room is super cute! I like that green for her dresser, and the tree picture frame is awesome! That looks like such a fun room for her! And way to go on the 5K! You're my hero. I keep meaning to do something like that... And congrats on the new car, that sounds like some nice savings... She was so sweet to offer her cute tea pot for Z's use! What a cool uncle. Also, love the rubber bands! and her legging on her arm. Aoife actually was sporting the same look a week or so ago. I put it on her to keep a bandaid on...but now that she's seen stylin' T I"m sure she'll be requesting them more ;)