Sunday, December 12, 2010

Winter Wear

So, it turns out T is a true little Texan at heart. She has been hating on all things winter since it started getting cold. It makes me a little sad, because I'm actually excited for winter this year! She absolutely hates wearing outerwear. She struggles and wriggles and fights me off when I try to put a coat on her. It's been taking us about a half an hour to get her into a coat lately. Which is sad, because she has some really cute coats! She'll only willingly wear a sweater if it's not too heavy. Anything too fleecy or thick gets the same reaction as a coat.

And the cold weather has apparently caused her to lose her ability to walk. She just can't handle walking from the house to the car or vice versa if it's too cold outside. She just cries and stamps her feet until someone picks her up.

Thursday I decided it was finally time to get her some boots. We were at Target, so I found some cute snow boots and tried to put one on T's foot to make sure it fit (she inherited my big, wide feet, so shoe sizes are really hit or miss with her). Well. That was a huge mistake. She started screaming her head off, like someone was doing something terrible to her. I've seriously never heard her be that loud before. I was shocked no one came to investigate what was going on. She kept screaming until I got her regular shoe back on. I ended up just comparing the bottoms to her current shoes. Then Friday when I tried to put them on her feet so we could go outside she put up a really valiant struggle. Twenty minutes later, we finally got them on.

She is getting better at leaving her coat and shoes on once we actually get outside. Hopefully she's starting to make the connection that they help her stay warm.

Next up: hats. I almost tried one out at Wal-Mart Friday, but she started protesting as soon as I got it off the display. Maybe we'll tackle that one another day.

Anyway, here she is in her cute coat and boots. I'm sad she doesn't love them because I think she just looks so darn cute all wintered up!





I know this last one is blurry, but I just love her cute little expression here.

7 comments:

pauline said...

Awww, such cute pics! Doesn't she know how much fun it'd be if she'd stick her hands in those big warm pockets on her lovely winter coat!!! Nice pink boots too!!! It sounds like you had lotsa fun at Target with your little screaming rascal :) hee hee hee ...
Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Carolyn said...

Aww A woman after my own heart. No, no. no. It wasn't my idea to live up here, everything just fell into place Heavenly Father knew I wouldn't come otherwise. Really, it wasn't as bad as all that, but it was not my idea and He did line up everything. I am so grateful, but I still hate the cold, but T take it from me, the boots make it much better. I do agree with the excess baggage the coats are wonderful, but I still shed them when I don't need them. Poor T.

Melanie said...

That winterwear is stinkin' cute on a stinkin' cute girl!!!

Claire said...

love the coat! where can i get one for me!? maybe i wont look since i wont be as cute as T

Melissa said...

Absolutely Adorable!! I love the new hair do too! I have been a bad momma when it comes to winter wear for my littlest boy. He usually sneaks outside with his siblings and I don't know it until he comes in with blue hands and cold cheeks.

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Super CUTE!!! I Love her coat and her boots and her hair! She is so adorable! And so sweet that she remembers and cherishes her roots. LOve her Cute face and huge grin in that last picture! Haha! Target, good times, good times. She's too smart for her own good! I love that she was protesting the hat when you had just taken it down!

fiona said...

Maybe you need to let her see herself in the mirror all bundled up, because if she knew how cute she looked she'd totally want to keep wearing that stuff! Actually she'd just say, "whatever, I'm adorable in anything..." Sorry it's a battle. That makes it discouraging to um...go outside... Hopefully she decides it's a good thing to be all cozy in her winter duds. I think Nuala had those same boots last year, by the way. I'm about to go see if there's any in a size that'll fit Maeve, since she totally wants to be down in the snow with N&B. No protesting her outerwear yet... ;)