Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The difference of a year

We took T to sit on Santa's lap Monday. I knew she wasn't interested in doing it, but unfortunately for her, she doesn't get a lot of say in stuff like that ;). We'd already had a less than stellar experience with Santa at our ward Christmas party, and when we were in line at Bass Pro, she kept waving at Santa and telling him 'bye'. I tried to point out that all the children in front of us were smiling when they sat on his lap, but she wasn't willing to listen to logic. Anyway, here's her picture from this year - we couldn't skip the classic screaming-child-on-Santa's-lap picture:



(You'll probably want to click on it to really see the distress)
Santa looks totally uncomfortable, but he was super nice about it. He told us pretty much all the kids T's age react to him that way, I guess it's just the age.

And, just for some comparison, here she is with Santa last year. I can't believe how much bigger she is! And way less scared than this year...

5 comments:

pauline said...

I feel really irreverent for laughing so loudly at poor little Treasa Breege screaming on Santa's lap :) He is a trooper, indeed, to be willing to hold onto such little unappreciative clients!!! Yeah, there sure is quite a difference in the 2 pics ... "little" T didn't know enough to be scared of the BIG RED GUY! Thanks for sharing!!! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Melanie said...

Love. it. Miranda's reaction was the same... brilliant minds...

fiona said...

Oh, man!! I seriously can't stop laughing! That is hilarious and so, so classic! Wow, Santa does look quite uncomfortable, though from what he told you he should really just have the smile-even-though-this-child-seems-to-hate-me down, poor guy. Yeah, I wonder if he's inwardly cringing when he sees a little one that age coming up in line. She is WAY huger than last year. Guess that happens... wow, this time NEXT year you'll have a Maeve/Aofie-age girlie, sitting there craning her head back to stare at Santa. Weird :)

Melissa said...

LOVE the picture!Jonah took my youngest to sit on Santa's lap at the ward party. I didn't hear him scream, but I could tell he was not enjoying it either. He did not even last long enough for a picture. I can't believe how little both our babes were last year.

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Hee hee! Santa looks so unhappy! But not half as unhappy as T! So funny!!! We did click on it to check out the distress, very real, very raw footage. I can't believe how fast the year flew by! She's way huger!

Love you T!