Thursday, June 3, 2010

The one with all the present opening

Before we get to all the present opening festivities....Teresa and I totally got locked out of the apartment today. Marc was leaving early for school, so we decided to leave at the same time he did for our morning walk. I grabbed the set of keys hanging from the key hook, assuming they were the set I grab every morning. You know, the ones with a key to our front door? They were not. I didn't realize it until we were about half way done with our walk. I crossed my fingers and prayed that Marc hadn't locked the door when we left, even though I had stood there watching him do it. So, we left our house at 6:15, and finally got let back in about 20 after 8. Awesome. Actually, I was afraid we would have to wait until 10, when our apartment office opens, but I was able to flag down one of the maintenance men. Ugh, I know I've complained about this before, but I'm going to do it again. It is SO DARN humid here! Teresa and I were both soaked, just from being outside. Poor T was crying for a bit of it. It started pouring down rain shortly after we got inside, which explains why it was even more humid than usual, and we were glad to at least have gotten inside before that! Tressa took a two hour nap after that, I guess the humidity really took it out of her, poor baby.

So. Now, on to the present opening. Teresa was only mildly interested in opening presents. We debated doing it before or after cake and decided to do it before. I think she was still a little groggy from her nap at the beginning, so maybe we should have done cake first. But she got into it eventually.





This one was cute, she ended up actually crawling into the bag to get to the bottom of it.



Once she got to the bottom of that bag, she pulled out this outfit. She loved it. She cried when I took it away so she could open the rest of her presents. And then she carried it around the house for two days. I finally let her wear it on Monday and she applauded herself in the mirror when she saw it on.




She LOVED this box. Loved it.



This was the big one. When T saw this toy at the store, she practically jumped out of her skin with excitement. And whenever she would come across it at home, before it was all wrapped up and ready for the big day, she would bounce up and down and squeal. She didn't disappoint with her reaction when it came time to unwrap it.







Eating one of her birthday bananas next to the awesome shirt Uncle Kevin got for her



And the rest of them:

2 comments:

fiona said...

Do you know how many times in the past 7 minutes I've been told, "I want to see baby Teresa eating birthday cake!" ? A lot. We want cake pictures!

But the present pics are awesome, too. Have I mentioned how absolutely CUTE little T is? She is. The "I love bananas" shirt is so perfect! And I'm cracking up about the outfit and how she applauded herself wearing it, haha! That girl knows what she wants!

Oh yeah. Getting locked out... so not cool! I'm glad you got in earlier than you expected. And I like your Friends' titles, by the way!

(And, um, CAKE pics!)

Rob and Erin said...

Put up a pic of her in her new outfit, the one she applauded for! please :0)

The look of joy on her face is priceless in that one pic, you know, the one where she's opening the big one! Cute, cute, cute! Colin sneaked back down and had a grand time pointing out "Teesa" He thinks she is sooo pretty!