Friday, April 9, 2010

She's pretty much the awesomest baby ever.

FYI, this is our 101st post! Sooooo exciting...Now, on to the real purpose of today's post. I'll let Marcus start:

Warning! This post is disgustingly graphic and not for the squeamish. You have been warned.

I hate vomit. I can't stand the smell of it, the sight of it, and sometimes just the thought of it makes me dry heave. But that's not where our story begins. Tonight we enjoyed a delicious dinner at the home of the senior missionaries in our branch and made it back home a little after Tressa's normal bedtime. She had been super happy and playful all evening, but was showing signs of being really sleepy. Tara and I decided to cut her bedtime routine down to just one book and a few songs.

Teresa kept flopping back and forth between us on the bed, giving me the occasional kiss, when she leaned over to Tara (for what she thought would be a sweet kiss) and to her surprise was vomited on 4 TIMES! Not baby vomit mind you, but big-kid, full on-chunky-vomit on Tara's eyes, nose, hair, and in her mouth. I was horrified at the first instance, but the three machine gun-repetitions that followed left me stunned. Tara was amazing and quickly made her way to the shower while I hustled Teresa off to my bathroom. Teresa was generous enough to get it only on Tara's pillows and her side of the bed. Had it been on my face and side of the bed this story would have been about the night Teresa and I both puked on each other. The best part was Teresa's anti-climatic response as though nothing had ever happened. I got her washed up and went quickly and peacefully off to sleep. She's pretty much the awesomest baby ever (especially for not puking on me :)

This is Tara. Seriously? My eyes are still stinging from all the puke. Pretty much the most disgusting thing I've experienced to date. She's actually done this four times now. Not in my face, of course, but she'll be acting totally normal and then just throw up what looks like four days worth of food. And then go back to acting like nothing happened. She's sleeping peacefully now, of course. We hadn't planned on renting a washer and dryer, since we'll only be here for six months. But now that we have a bathtub full of my clothes, our bed sheets, and most of the pillow cases from our bed, I'm starting to think having a washer here would be pretty nice. The other ironic part? Just a few days ago I was commenting on how we really needed to get a mattress cover for our bed if we were going to be letting Teresa spend so much time on and in it. Hmmm...I guess I should have knocked on wood after that comment. I honestly thought she was coming to give me a kiss. I was pretty excited, because she's quite stingy with her kisses, she mostly only gives them at bedtime, so I had stopped mid song and was ready to kiss her back. She was probably less than two inches from my face when it happened. Actually, now that I think about it, she probably thought she was just coming to give me a kiss too. It probably surprised her just as much. Although not as disgusting a surprise for her as it was for me. I guess there's no way we could have pinned the blame on Colin this time...

5 comments:

fiona said...

Aaaagh!! Oh my goodness. This is horribly disgusting! Real, chunky food...blech, blech, blech! I feel like I need to go rinse my mouth, too! That rascal! Yeah, too bad Colin's not around to take the blame, haha! That's honestly more disgusting than anything that has happened to me in my 3+ yrs of parenting 3 different children. Even getting poo shot all over me is not that digusting. Why didn't you take some pictures before cleaning it all off you?? haha...

David said...

THIS IS MOM ...
Too bad Fiona wasn't there with her camera and she'd've been saying "ok Tooks, hold that pose..." hee hee hee ... seriously, indeed it must've been awful! but it's so funny too ... thanks for the loud laughter experience !
Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Carolyn said...

Tara, how yuck. Does she have acid reflux? I wonder if that is what caused it or maybe some kind of allergies. It might be good to know so it doesn't happen again.

Rob and Erin said...

Ha ha ha! Lol! Sorry, I mean, EWWWW! Poor you! I feel like rinsing my mouth out too, and then maybe having some orange juice just to be extra sure to get rid of the "taste" this post has left in my mouth. She looks so innocent... I love Marc's version of events, and his unapologetic appreciation for her choice of throw-up landing-site! Still, laughing, Rob and I, hee hee...

Colin's pretty excited about keeping clear of the blame... this time, ha ha ;)

Melanie said...

Melanie likes this.

Or, Melanie's heart cries out for Tara but loves this post. That's better.