Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Beach. Yes, that is the most creative title I can think of.

We went to the beach on Saturday, which is what won me over to living in Pensacola when we visited in January. It was slightly overcast, but still nice and warm. The water was a little cold, and Teresa wasn't too thrilled with that part of the experience. She sat right at the edge of the water with me for a while, but was much happier when we moved back up the sand. Marc brought his friend Kevin, who was a week ahead of him at AIT, and now they're doing the same training. He's also in our little military branch here.


Hmm, maybe I should actually put the camera on beach setting...


Much better.


Why, yes, this is the only picture of me and Tressa. Are you so jealous of my dollar spot Target sunglasses? The perfect price when you have little hands trying to pry them off your face all the time.




Showing me the sand on her hands. She loved it, which was no surprise, since she loves pretty much everything outdoors. She actually tried eating less sand then I thought she would, so that was nice.

There just happened to be a big hole in the sand near our blanket, so Marc decided we should bury him in sand.




Teresa wasn't much help.


She thought Kevin was pretty funny, though.


All done...


Dad?





And, of course, no beach trip is complete without a snack break!



5 comments:

fiona said...

I absolutely LOVE her swimsuit! Love it. I'm so glad I got one for M...for next summer. She is a natural beach baby. Did you see her pose in the second shot? She's totally in her element. And yeah, your dollar spot sunglasses rock! That is a very impressive burying job, I must say. Do you remember the Friends episode where they buried Joey in the sand (of course you do)? Reminds me of that...except flatter. You can fix that next time ;) Looks like y'all had (and will continue, ALL summer long, to have) a blast!

Rob and Erin said...

Oh my cuteness! Look at her little bathing suit, so sunshiny, and is it just me or does her hair look lighter than when I saw her last. Maybe I'm just used to A's dark hair. There are so many pictures that I Love! including the one of you and T, look at those Lips! so pouty and cheeks, she is just so cute, and you are totally rockin' the Target sunglasses ;) T looks like a jaunty little sailor from the 50's in that second picture, with her little arm perched on the sand like that! Kevin was so nice to bury Marc like that, which leads me to another picture I love! the one with her and Marc's cute head poking out.(the sunglasses one, 'cause he's kinda making a funny face in the sans sunglasses one ;)) I also Love the sandy hand picture and her little crinkle smile eye behind it! The beach looks so awesome, you'll have to come to our beach in July or August, hee hee!

pauline said...

I just made a comment and it seems to have disappeared. Thanks for the beautiful pictures! Such a cute little rascal, and her bathing suit is so bright and cheery...I love it too. What fun to cover Dad up with sand ... good thing Kevin decided he could still have his head sticking out :) Thanks for sharing Tooks! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Aislinn said...

Heeeeey...you've been blogging up a storm! Sorry I've been a commenting slacker! I LOVE these pics! They all look so carefree. Marc looks thrilled and Teresa is just a little beach beauty! That suit is totally adorable on her! She needs her own sunglasses, now. ;o) Aw, thanks for posting that super cute pics!!!

Tara said...

Thanks everyone! Lol, Fiona, I totally started to make his sand body like Joey's, but after the first one decided it was a little inappropriate...although, T would probably have enjoyed it...;)