Sunday, May 3, 2009

Just some updates...

Finally it's May! I never thought May would actually get here...although, I've already resigned myself to the baby not coming until June. We had two fun baby showers last week. My visiting teachers threw one for me last Saturday. It was way fun, and both Grandmothers came, as well as Aislinn and Maire and Aine. Here's a cute picture of Maire, Aine and the food table.



We had another super cute cake, and lots of other yummy food. Plus, we got lots of cute clothes and other baby stuff. Mom Ricker won a game, she knew the most names of nursery rhymes!

Marc's coworkers threw him a surprise shower on Friday. One of his coworkers picked me up to surprise him (at 8:00!). It was fun to meet all the people he works with, and they gave us some way nice baby stuff too. One thing they gave us was a monitor, which was nice, because just the night before we'd been trying to decide if we wanted to get one or not...(well, we knew we wanted to get one, we just weren't sure if we wanted to spend our own money on it just yet...) So that took care of that decision for us!

We also went and took a tour of the hospital where we'll be giving birth on Saturday. It was really interesting, and made the whole idea of labor a lot less horrifying. Now I'm not really worried about the actual labor part so much as I am about knowing when to actually go to the hospital.

We're super excited for the baby to finally get here, we're ready whenever she is, which is hopefully sooner than later!

3 comments:

Rob and Erin said...

You're giving birth on Saturday? This Saturday?! Just kidding, I know you meant that you toured your hospital on Saturday. What a yummy looking array. Maire and Aine are so cute and grown-up looking! I can't believe it's May! Yay!!! That was so sweet and thoughtful of Marcus' coworkers too. Was he surprised?

and of Course Mom won the nursery rhyme game, didn't she make most of them up? :0) Just kidding, Mom ;)
Look at all those balloons. Nice.

fiona said...

All those showers! How awesome! I bet Maire and Aine felt so grown-up going, they look so cute behind the table. Which looks very cute, itself. Good job, Mom, on your win! You totally deserve it! ;)

I'm glad that you're not horrified to go into labor now. That probably makes the whole birth thing somewhat easier!

David said...

This is Mom ... That was very nice Tooks ... imagine, giving birth on Saturday ... I had to say that b/c I wanted to (even tho I notice Erin said it too...) It will be so much fun to look in that little window and see cute little Teresa Brigid in her little bed ... she'll probably have a lot of black hair ... like her Mom and other Ricker near-relatives when they were born ... and I assume her Dad too! Love you all, Mom (Dad too) xox