Monday, May 25, 2009

Due Date

So...today was my due date. Obviously, she didn't come today. We weren't too surprised, since at my last doctor's appointment the doctor said "well, she definitely won't be here by your due date". Thanks a lot, that's just what I wanted to hear! But at least he went ahead and set a date to induce her. We're getting induced Thursday night at 7:00 pm, so she should be here sometime Friday! I'm still hoping she comes before then, but if not, I think I can make it to Thursday still being pregnant. One thing that never ceases to amaze me about being pregnant is how it makes complete strangers feel comfortable giving you really awkward advice. Our cashier at HEB today was kind enough to tell us her opinion on the best way to naturally induce labor...and how well it worked for her! Anyway, I told Marcus I'm not leaving the house again until it's time to go to the hospital, but we'll see how well that works.

3 comments:

J'Nette said...

this is the most entertaining post i've read in a long time. haha, goodluck with the induction of your little one! The delivery has really been the easiest part of this whole parent/pregnancy process. Bless the epidural! Let me know if i can do anything for you! I have acouple ideas about how to induce naturally if you want to hear them, haha, jk.

fiona said...

So...what was her advice? Hmmm?? haha! Yeah, I think we can figure it out...That is really funny, actually. Wow, being induced on Thursday! I'm so excited she'll finally be here! Well, here OUT of you. Again, I'm sure y'all, esp. you, Tooks, are way more excited at that prospect. Almost there!!!

Melanie said...

That one piece of advice is great... you should have shared some deeper secret with her - something that would blow her socks off, just to watch her reaction. Or better yet, yelled "TMI!!!!" and run out of the store flailing your arms.

Can't wait to see Teresa!