Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lamb and Wool



Yesterday we went to the Lamb and Wool festival at Thanksgiving Point. It turned out to be a lot smaller than we had anticipated but for $3.50 a person you can't be too sad. We enjoyed petting a lamb, as well as a calf and a donkey but were saddened at the lack of lamb available for eating. :(

We went with our upstairs neighbor, Bret and Mican. They had a scale which told you how much you weighed compared to a horse, pony, sheep, cow, etc. The four of us together weighed as much as a pony.




Mican wanted to try out the pony ride carousel, but there were too many kids in line...also, the ponies all looked really sad about being involved in it. Here are some more fun pictures: The first is a peacock...he had his feathers all displayed and kept turning around and around, every once in a while he would vibrate his feathers and they would make a weird kind of whirring noise...I guess it was supposed to be intimidating to predators or something...next is Marcus and a cow, then a picture of Tara and a really ugly sheep. It's hard to tell how ugly he is in this picture, but he is. He also had a really low, creepy sounding baa. Anyway, ugly sheep is followed by Marcus, a horse, and our neighbor Bret, (Marcus is on the left) and finally Tara petting a much cuter sheep. Although, when we saw this guy after he had just been sheared, he looked pretty traumatized, and was practically hyperventilating...luckily he calmed down and we could pet him. He felt weird, kind of like a sheep skin rug or something.











In the end we had a really fun time and didn't bring home any souvenirs.

6 comments:

JnR said...

Sounds like a fun time, I like the last picture of you and the sheep, and cute skirt!

Rob and Erin said...

Nice, sounds like a great time was had by all, including the poor ugly sheep. I think I would have skipped on the souvenirs too! Beautiful opening picture. It's always nice to see things from a different perspective :0) You guys sure are cute together!

fiona said...

I love that first picture, it's the BEST! But is it of you or Marcus? I can't tell...haha ;) Sounds like a fun and educational time, and I am not sad you didn't get to eat a baby sheep. The last sheep is really cute, soft and cuddly...did you give him a cuddle? Also, I wore that exact skirt on Sunday, I like it. (Not the EXACT skirt, since you are in UT and I am not, but you know what I mean.)

fiona said...

Um, I see that this is posted by Marcus, I automatically addressed my comment to Tara, oops! but I am sure you can figure it out...

Tara said...

Don't worry Fiona, Marcus started the post, but I finished it, so it's okay for you to address your comment to me.

pauline said...

hi t&m.... nice pics, and it was especially nice to see pics of you guys :) thanks for sharing... mom (dad too) xox