Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Things she says: 5


- Yelled from the backyard while Marc and I were inside: "Hey guys, I'm making the wrong choice!".

- T is so contradictory. All. the. time. One day in the car she was all decked out like Tinkerbell, and we had the following conversation:

T: "I'm Tinkerbell"
Me: "Yep, you're Tinkerbell"
T: "No, I'm not Tinkerbell, I'm a kangaroom" (kangaroo)
Me: "Oh, are you a kangaroo?"
T: "No! I'm a kitty cat"
Me: "Okay, you're a kitty cat"
T: "No! I'm a fairy!"
And so forth.

-If she's dressed up like a princess she will call me "Princess Mama", and if she's dressed up like Tinkerbell she calls me "Fairy Mama". For some reason, Marc doesn't love it when she calls him "Fairy Daddy". A few days ago we were all "Punzels", as we left the house T said "come on you three Punzels" (Rapunzel), and then after Marc buckled her in she said "thanks Punzel Daddy!".


- One day when we came in from running errands Nora was complaining and crying a ton because we couldn't get her out of her car seat right away. T was trying to calm her down by telling her a story, and it was so cute I had to pull out my laptop and record it as she was talking.

This is what I got:

"Mama, I'm telling Nora a story about Daddy and Jesus, the Prophet, and the father goes outside and it's raining, and he SPLASHES in the rain. And splashes. And Jesus and the Prophet, and I love you SO much Nora. And the Father, and Jesus and the Prophet have some fun and SPLASH and have so much fun and I love you so much Nora. And Jesus and the Prophet and come on pretty girl, jump, and clap, and hop like a bunny rabbit. And shhh. shhh. Mmmm, I love you so much (gives kisses) and the Prophet, and Jesus! Mama, get Nora out Nora's stuck!

Nora was giggling her little head off while T told her this.

And then later during N's diaper change "and Mama, Heavenly Father and Jesus help Nora not be sad and stop crying and get a bandaid"


- We frequently call Teresa 'Tressa B' in reference to her middle name being Brigid. I called her that the other morning and then went in the kitchen to do some dishes. A few minutes later she came bounding in to the kitchen saying "Mama! Mama B!"

-When she's frustrated about something she'll put the back of her hand over her eyes and say "This is essasperating!" (exasperating). Thank you Donald Duck.


-Last week she called me "little lady" pretty much all week. She would hand me something and say "here you go little lady".

-She calls her purse her "person" and her slippers her "slippery-s"

And just a few pictures of N - Nora got herself under the slide - she looks a little awkward, but I promise she was having fun.

4 comments:

pauline said...

Those are all so cute... and her funny stories and sayings ... ooh, lookat N's gummy smile, with a tooth or two here and there!!! We wanted to straighten up the pic of her giving Daddy a kiss, but we couldn't... it's so cute too. Thanks for sharing ... love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Aislinn said...

These are soooo cute! I love the story she told Nora when Nora was "stuck"...so adorable! <3 The "This is essasperating!" is so funny, too. Love Nora's grin, too! You have two gorgeous little girls! <3

fiona said...

Such funny things outta that little girl! I love 'em. The story's just adorable! That's good that you recorded it so quickly. The "you three Punzels" cracks me up! Bran went through a stage where I was "Mommy Ninja" for a long time. I kinda miss being Mommy Ninja! I never get to be a princess, I'm just designated queen. That's cool, too ;) And it was soooo thoughtful of her to let y'all know that she was making the wrong choice, instead of, you know, letting you find out later, heehee... The pics are all awesome, too. She looks SO thrilled on that pony. And N under the slide! She's a mover.

Rob and Erin Smith said...

That was the best story Ever! I love it! What a sweet girl and hahaha Fairy Daddy! Rob and I were cracking up with all of these!!! She is too cute! I love the flow of your conversation too, Tinkerbell, kangaroo, kitty cat....hahaha! I super love the picture of her and Marc kissing, so adorable! and the picture of Nora on T's lap with Marc, so cute. Oh, goodness, so much cuteness...