Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Adventures in straight hair

Last week I asked T if she wanted her hair straightened and she agreed to let me do it. It helped that Mickey Mouse was involved. It actually wasn't too much work, I had put her hair in braided pigtails the day before, so when I took them out the next morning all her curly-ques were gone and her hair was mostly just crinkly.





I think it made her look soooo different! And older. And just different - her hair is so long, and it looked quite a bit blonder when it was straight. I was jealous of her gorgeous natural highlights. We thought she looked cute, but Marc and I agreed we were ready to have our curly girl back when it got washed that night.

We tried to take the girls to a park for some pictures, but T is very anti-picture taking right now. It was apparently really traumatic for her, and frustrating for the rest of us. It was pretty chilly out but T refused to wear a sweater and cover up her "pink dress".





At least Nora was happy most of the time.



Luckily there was a see-saw to make up for all the photo drama.





The straight hair kept getting in her face a lot more than her normal hair, she was getting annoyed about having to push it out of her eyes so much.


I love this little Nora sequence:



And of course they both love the swings.



4 comments:

Aislinn said...

I can't believe how LONG her hair is when it's straight! Holy cow! And SO blonde! The park pics made me giggle, LOL. So funny how anti-smiling T is...so different from N's happy grin in all the pics, LOL. She's still super cute, even in tears. ;)So excited to see all of you in a few weeks! <3

David said...

Mom and I marveled at the difference the hairstyle made. T is beautiful either way, and Nora is such a beautiful baby. Love how happy is always is. Love, Dad and Mom
xoxoxoxo

fiona said...

Wow, she looks so different! She does look older and just so... different! Yes, beautiful either way! You got some GREAT shots at the park. I LOVE the one of Nora grinning and T with her mouth open, not happy at all, haha :D Nora is so, so smiley! Adorable. I like the pic of T, on the see-saw, I guess... the first one after smiley N holding onto the wood... And the one of T pushing Nora. Seriously, beautiful girls y'all have there! And it's fun to be able to change T's look so "quickly." She looks great! (Both ways, obviously ;)

Rob and Erin Smith said...

All these shots are so beautiful! You have such gorgeous little girls!! Her hair is so so long straight, amazing! Look at Nora in that sequence shot! Totally looks like she's walking, oh her headband! Poor T, it's hard to live your life in front of the camera. They love swings, we do to, we should totally hit the swings in TX.