Monday, November 7, 2011

Highlights from this week*



This is a terrible photo, but our two girls were so cute tonight. T had been promised an ice cream cone, but had been instructed that she had to eat it at the table so Nora wouldn't see it. But after a major meltdown about being ostracized from the rest of us (you know, she was waaaay over in the "dining room"), I let her come eat in the living room. It was just too sad seeing her sobbing at the table holding her ice cream.

Anyway, she was really good about sharing with Nora, but after Nora would get a bite T would say "where's my ice cream?".

I also like this picture because there is absolutely no way I would have let one drip of that ice cream in T's mouth when she was Nora's age! Nora has definitely been introduced to refined sugar way before Teresa was. One of many differences in second children. But honestly, there was no way of keeping her from it once she set her sights on it. Little persistent rascal that she is.

And, in case you weren't sure, here's some evidence that I'm pretty much the awesomest mom ever:




Sometimes when I see Teresa doing things I'd rather she didn't I pretend not to notice so I don't have to make her stop. She was having so much fun stripped down to her diaper decorating herself with highlighters the other day. When she came over and wanted to do my face I decided to let her. And then almost forgot about it when it was time to leave the house a few hours later. Good thing we have a mirror right by our front door...

*because sometimes puns are too hard to resist

4 comments:

pauline said...

Hi there ! That was so cute ... and so nice of T to share with N ... poor little T - it's no fun enjoying something all your yourself over at the far-away table! She did a good job on face painting too ... it'd've been just part of the season if you'd forgotten to wipe it off b4 going out :) Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

fiona said...

Ha! You're so clever! The title... the asterisk... ;) I do the "pretend not to notice" thing, too. It's difficult when your other children are trying to MAKE you notice, though. You are def. a great mom, and you now have solid PROOF of it! I must admit that I'm a little bit bummed that you didn't make it out the door so nicely decorated! Maybe next time... Oh, and the ice cream pic is so sweet (haha, get it? Sweet?) and drippy. Poor babe, being stuck out in the boondocks. Lucky Nora, that she was allowed to join the rest of y'all.

Aislinn said...

Oh, the thought of poor T sobbing with her ice cream is soooo sad! LOL! You were nice to let her join the rest of you. ;) So sweet of her to share with N, too, LOL. Love the make-up job T did on you and I also wish you had left the house like that...think of all the blog fodder you would have had then! ;) Bwahahaha! T and N are lucky to have such an awesome mama. <3

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Oh! How sweet of T to share with N! Hahah, "where's my ice-cream?" Love it! You totally are the awesomest Mom! Lucky T getting to decorate you so beautifully! I try not to notice some things too, what a coincidence ;) It's just too much fun sometimes. Love the title, hee hee!