Friday, January 28, 2011

The dancing bear

I realized that it has been MONTHS since I last posted a video of Teresa dancing. Why didn't anyone say anything? ;) But, seriously, this girl has some rhythm, which she most definitely did NOT get from me. She's really good at adjusting her dancing to the style of music we have on for her. She'll dance to everything, she'll even start dancing if we start whistling random tunes.

Basically, because I know you were all wondering, a day with Teresa consists mainly of the following: we spend some time dressing up her babies, in as many of T's clothes as possible. Then we have to sit at the foot of the stairs and play ball for a while. She's really quite good at throwing and catching, but is absolutely terrible at kicking. She hasn't quite figured out to bend her knee when trying to kick a ball. A soccer player she most likely will not be. The third thing we do is dance.

If you ever come to our house, chances are you will be enlisted to dance with Teresa. She'll grab one of your fingers in her little hand, cock her head to one side and say 'pleeeeaaaa' as sweetly as possible. And nobody is allowed to not participate in the dancing. (She'll even follow you to the bathroom if you have the nerve to try to go there during dance time). I'm pretty sure dancing with T is what's going to cause me to go into labor with this baby, honestly, because she just makes us dance for so long sometimes! It's hard to tell her no, because she asks so sweetly, and it's such a simple thing that just makes her so, so happy.

Anyway, here are some videos of our dancing bear. She had her little buddy visiting, but he's taking a dancing break. You can see her coming after me in the second video, apparently I was not dancing vigorously enough. And I love the third one, when she finally runs out of energy and falls against the couch. It's always nice for us when that finally happens ;)

Untitled from Tara Milligan on Vimeo.



Untitled from Tara Milligan on Vimeo.



Untitled from Tara Milligan on Vimeo.

5 comments:

David said...

What great video clips, Granny can hardly wait to dance with her! She is precious!! Jonah is certainly more interested in his sippy cup than dancing, may know he can't keep up with T! I couldn't either, and I did not see Marcus dancing.
Love, Dad and Mom

Claire said...

tooo cute!!! does she get her abilities from you, daddy, or both??

Claire said...

ah! B helped me click a ton of buttons and i guess I pushed enter before I was finished on accident! What the rest of that was, I think you should post you and marcus dancing so that we can be sure it's from daddy...I'd guess that you had more groove than you think :)

fiona said...

Haaa, I was going to suggest clips of Tara and Marcus dancing, too, so we could compare!

She *does* have rhythm! I'm quite impressed with how well she dances to the beat. She uses her arms well, too! And she was singing along there in the first vid, wasn't she? She's awesome!!! (p.s. In case I don't say it often enough: I love her hair.)

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Oh, My, Goodness! I Love it! She does have an awesome groove, I love her head boppin in the second vid. Her hair is sooo cute. The kids were really enjoying these too! When B saw T's little friend, she gasped and said, "Look Mom, he's born already!" So I explained that was a friend, not your new baby who will be a girl! Getting soooo close! I third the previous comments requesting a T and M dance video. You could really do so much with it! We love you!