Monday, January 24, 2011

Dress up

Tressa has recently started dressing up her doll. Well, she's recently started having me dress up her doll for her. It's pretty much what I do all day. Marc's gotten pretty good at it as well, since as soon as he gets home I start sending her his way. She'll bring us her pajamas, or her tops, or skirt and have us put them on her baby doll. Then she takes them off and has us put them back on again. And again. We've had to get pretty creative in order to get them to stay on, since her clothes are so much bigger than her baby. There's a lot of tying of sleeves and legs together. I just had to take pictures of her today. You can't see all the layers, but her baby is wearing T's skirt from yesterday, two pairs of pajamas, a t-shirt, and on top a pair of my sweat pants. I tried to draw the line at getting my sweat pants on the baby, but it's just so hard to tell her no - recently she's started grabbing our hands, tilting her little head and saying 'Pleeeeaa' (please) so sweetly that it's almost impossible to tell her no.

She was being such a little poser when I was taking pictures today, it was great, she usually won't smile at the camera for us.







I told her to go sit by her baby, and this was the pose she came up with

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Is her baby wearing ALL of her clothes? Is that why she is naked(well, she is in a diaper)? I can't let my little guy go with out clothing for more than 2 minutes. He knows how to take off his diaper and when that happens...pee everywhere is only seconds away!

She really did do a great job of smiling for you! She is adorable as usual!!

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Ha ha ha! I love that last pose, propping her baby up and her Beautiful smile! Look at her teeth! and her awesome hair, just like yours Tara ;) I also love the third pic and the 2nd and the 1st. Such a good little Mommy to keep her baby so warm and stylish! Such a little cutie, I can totally hear her little voice plaintively tugging at your heartstrings...

fiona said...

Oh wow, those pictures are too dang cute! I love her smile! That's hilarious how you have to put ALL those clothes on her babydoll... I was totally laughing that you even had to dress her in YOUR sweatpants, hahaha!!

T is getting so big! Look at her perched there on the step... sigh. Yeah, her hair is pretty much awesome, too :D

David said...

Yes, very cute! Does her doll have a diaper on also? Her baby is certainly dressed to go outside. Poor T probably does not get as many layers of clothing when she goes out. Love all the pictures and you guys. Love, Dad and Mom

Whitney said...

Tara, your daughter is adorable!! Hope you are doing well! :)

Melanie said...

I love that they think of their doll as a real person on the same level as they are. That's what the last pic reminds me of. =)