Sunday, June 7, 2009

We've had Teresa home with us for a whole week now, and we are loving it! She is such a good little girl, she is so happy and hardly ever fussy. I can't believe how much she eats! She had been eating for about 15-20 minutes at a time when we first brought her home, but now she goes for 45 minutes to an hour each time! And sometimes she'll only take like, a 30 minute break between feedings. The pediatrician told us he wanted her back up to her birth weight or more by her next appointment on Thursday. I was a little worried that she wouldn't get there, but the way she's eating now, I'm pretty sure she will be at least back to that. Luckily, she's been really good about sleeping at night so far. We're hoping that continues! She usually gets up around 11 or 12, and then at three or four, and finally again at 6 or 7. We're so grateful that she lets us sleep for three or four hours at a time sometimes. She is so snuggly! We just can't put her down sometimes. Not that she minds, she much prefers sleeping while we hold her to sleeping in her cradle.

She makes the funniest faces!






Falling asleep on the Boppy



Sleeping with Daddy



She is so long! We had her all swaddled up for a nap, so she was stretched out all the way, and I couldn't believe how long she is!




She's so cute when she yawns! This cute yawn was right before she decided to spit up all over her blanket. She'd just finished eating for 40 minutes, and I'm pretty sure it all came up. I've never seen that much spit up! Not that I have a lot of experience with spit up anyway...well, not only did it get all over that cute blanket someone made for her, since it's got a pretty open weave it also got all over the carpet! And my foot, but that was the most easily washable. Someone tried to warn me about all the laundry babies generate, but I didn't believe them until this week. Anyway, the spit up didn't even phase her, she didn't complain about it or anything. She's so good natured, we love having her around!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

She is so CUTE! I love all the pictures, you really should put new pictures up everyday (not like you are busy or anything). Your adoring audience NEEDS lots of pictures!

pauline said...

Oh, she is indeed so cute!!! I love the swaddled pics of her stretched out length...and her snoozing on Dad's chest...good spot to campout... can't wait to see her again tomorrow ... Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

fiona said...

That child is adorable!! I love her, I can't wait to meet her in person! That's really gross about the spit-up, at least she didn't care! Don't worry, you will have many a gross moment in your future...many. I know, you were totally worried you wouldn't! ;) The faces she makes are super cute; I can't believe she's a week+ old now. Wow. I like the swaddled pics, and I like that we see you in a pic, Tooks! It's great that she's such an awesome eater and sleeper, here's hopin' she keeps it up! ;)

Joy and Dennis said...

She is absolutely adorable! So so so cute!!!!! My oldest, Michael, was an eater like her, and also a big spit-upper too! I know you don't need any more advice than you already get, but if it helps, here's what worked for me....after I was sure that he had nursed way long enough, I would switch out from the breast (sorry, Marcus, probably too bizarre for you to imagine that!) for a pacifier. Michael when he was a baby (not so much now, LOL!) just needed the extra sucking, not so much the extra nutrition. He seemed very contented with a pacifier and as long as he wasn't really hungry, that worked great! And also kept the big niagra-fall kind of spit-ups down to a minimum.