Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One Month

Yesterday was Teresa's one month birthday! I can't believe it has been a month already. She has changed so much since she was born. She has started smiling for real now, which is so fun. It still takes a lot of coaxing and acting silly to get her to smile, and she has to be in a pretty good mood, but it is so fun to try to get her to smile at us! She is also a lot more interested in what is going on around her, and a lot more interactive when we talk to her. We took her to the doctor for her one month check up on Friday. She weighed 10 lbs 12.5 oz and was 23 inches long. She's in the 95th percentile for both height and weight. We are so grateful to have such a sweet, healthy baby. She is a little colick-y, mostly in the evening, starting right about the time Marcus gets home from work... I feel so bad when she is screaming and there isn't anything I can do for her. She makes the saddest faces when she does that. The doctor gave us some drops that are supposed to help, and it seems like they have been. She's also starting to let me put her down more often during the day without getting so upset about it. I love holding her, but it's nice to be able to get a few things done around the house.

Here are some pictures:




7 comments:

Melanie said...

Beautiful!!! I love the black & white & swirlies. What a doll.

Rob and Erin said...

Look at all those smiles!!! She is gorgeous! Wow, way to go raising such a happy, healthy little girl. I wish I could hold her again. So does Colin...

David said...

Yes, lovely pictures of a beautiful girl! The last one reminds me of you Tara. Love ya, Dad (and Mom).

J'Nette said...

so darling!!! she is beautiful! such a beautiful little face.

Carolyn said...

I think I see a little of Gary in her. I hope her tummy starts feeling better soon.

pauline said...

You are enjoying all the milestones in her life ... isn't it fun!!! she is so cute! Love Mom (Dad too) xox

fiona said...

The b/w pictures look really neat, actually! Well, it's hard not to, when the subject of the b/w photos is so dang cute.