Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Deck the Halls (well, just the one room...)

We put up our Christmas tree last night, since the living room was finally clean enough to be decorated ;). It was pretty darn exciting, we had to put the two parts of the tree together, and then plug in the lights. The tree is cute, I knew it was only 4.5 feet before we put it up, but I was still surprised at how short it is! But cute! It was fun decorating our first tree together. I know you're all dying to see how it looks, so here are some pictures! (you can also see our entertainment center that Marcus sanded down and we re stained together - the stain was darker than we thought it would be, but we still like it...)







And then here's a picture of the cute amaryllis plant that Marcus bought me. We got to plant the bulb and watch it grow, which I didn't think it would do, so we were pleasantly surprised by how nice it turned out!

5 comments:

fiona said...

Awwww, I like your tree :) your very first one...also, cute ornament that you made to commemorate the event. White lights always look so good, like sparkling stars (aren't I deep?).

Also, I am amazed at that gorgeous plant! you actually planted the bulb and THAT happened?? Wow. Hmmm...though your last post I guess already shows that you two are pretty good at growing things... ;) And good job on the entertainment center, it looks very nice!

Rob and Erin said...

Yeah, way to go on the entertainment center, it looks great! I am also amazed by the plant, it's beautiful! Not to sound shocked, because I'm not. But all the way up from a bulb, those flowers are gorgeous!

Tara said...

Thanks, Fiona, but I didn't actually make that ornament, Mom bought it for us at a craft fair in Boerne...although, after she paid for it I thought "those were really easy to make, we could have just done it ourselves..."

fiona said...

Wow, I totally thought it even looked like your handwriting! Well, at least it was Mom who paid $$ for it ;) no, it's very cute! and, besides, where would Tara get the energy to actually make her own ornament nowadays???

David said...

What lovely pictures, and the dog also. I am so glad that our children know each other so well. Great job on the tree and flower.