Saturday, March 2, 2013

Nora turned 2

          Our little Nora turned two a few weeks ago! She is such a sweetheart, we just love her so much. We didn't do much to celebrate her birthday, unfortunately. Marc and I had spent the whole night before her birthday at the ER because I couldn't stop throwing up. We got home about 5:30 in the morning on her birthday, so most of our plans for the day went out the window. Luckily we had let the girls decorate some cupcakes and we sang 'Happy Birthday' to her in Texas, because the poor babe did not get any cake on her actual birthday. She did get some Chick-fil-a, so hopefully that made up for it a bit.

          She was very excited about her few presents, though we don't have any pictures of that, either. We got her a yellow rody horse, that she just loves and hauls around the house with her. She likes to sit on his back to read books, too. And she got some Hello Kitty stuff, which she adores.

February 13, 2011



February 13, 2012
  


Not February 13, 2013, but close enough.


            She really is such a happy girl, she has smiles for everyone. When we are out at the store she loves to say hi to people, she will just wave and stare at people until they see her and smile back. We sure are glad we have her in our family. She makes us laugh - if you say something like "Stop, you rascal" she will say "I not a rascal, I just a Nora". She can throw some mega tantrums and scream more shrill-ly than anyone I've ever met, but luckily those days are the exception and not the norm :).

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think she is adorable. Wow. I didn't expect another post so soon. I am so happy cuz I have been missing your posts. I hope you start feeling better soon.

fiona said...

Happy 2nd birthday, Nora! She totally reminds me of Maeve, in so many ways. I can't believe she's TWO now! We love you, Nora!!!

David said...

Yes, a happy birthday Nora! We sure miss you and Teresa (and parents) but we did get to celebrate a little early when you were here. Maybe you can have 2 cakes next year.

Love, Granny and Grandad

J'Nette said...

i'm so sorry you are so sick, those are such long hard days. I hope it becomes manageable soon. I dont think i've told you but i'm so excited for you. Congrats, and congrats on a two year old :). I'm praying for easier days for you, and what is proving to be a very healthy baby (hence the sucking the life out of you :))