Saturday, August 4, 2012

Things They Say: 7

Looks like it's time for another round of things they say! Nora is talking more and more, and I love it, she has the sweetest little voice. Things we commonly hear from her:

"I did it!!!!" - she is so proud of herself when she does anything on her own, she will throw her little arms up in the air and proclaim "I did it!!!".

"I comin'!" - anytime we ask her to hurry up, or to come up the stairs and catch up with us or anything, she says, "I comin', I comin'" in the cutest little voice.

Whenever she sees me putting her plate on her high chair tray she comes running over and says "alriiigghhhht!".

She used to say "No! Not!" in response to any one doing something she didn't like. Lately she's merged the two together so now she says "Note!" instead.

Every time she lies down to get her diaper changed she says "Ewww, goss!" (gross). I guess we are a little too vocal about how nasty her dirty diapers can be.

She's getting to be a pro at bugging her older sister - she likes to just say "Teresa, Teresa, Teresa" over and over again. It drives T nuts, she'll keep saying "what Nora?" and N will just keep repeating her name.

Speaking of repeating names, she also will just repeat her little bff's name over and over sometimes. We were in the car today and she was just chanting "Da-wi-a, Da-wi-a, Da-wi-a" (Dalia) all sing-song-y.

Teresa keeps us entertained, as well. She is a funny little thing, and she knows it, too. One day in the car the girls were making each other giggle in the back seat. I think they were making silly animal noises or something. I guess T noticed that we were laughing at them because she piped up with "Okay guys, get ready to laugh!" and then did her same little animal noises again.

Last week I asked her if she thought I was a mean mommy or a nice mommy and she responded "You are a nice Mommy, but sometimes you are a mean Mommy". I pretended to be offended by that so she quickly back tracked "Just some little times you are a mean Mommy, but mostly you are nice". The rest of the day she kept reassuring me "Mommy, mostly you are nice. It's just a little bit that you are mean".

She told me her first knock knock joke today! It was as fabulous as a three-year-old joke could be.

"Knock knock.
    Who's there?
Teresa.
    Teresa who?
Teresa cow!!" *Cue hysterical toddler laughter*

When she gets in trouble, she just does not want to talk about it at all. One day last week she was getting out of time out and I told her she needed to apologize for whatever she had done. She kept saying she didn't want to, and when I finally got her to tell me why not she said "If I say I'm sorry, we're still going to talk about it!!!". She just wants to do her time and forget about it, I guess.

And what's a post without pictures? T will generally only tolerate letting me do her hair if I'm doing princess braids, so when Mina's mom offered to braid her hair she jumped at the chance. I was a little jealous of how perfectly still she sat for her, and how super obedient she was. She loved this hairstyle, I seriously need to learn how to do cool stuff like this to her hair.



  



Of course when Nora noticed T getting her picture taken she wanted in on the action, too. We were glad to oblige.




4 comments:

David said...

My O My, what a giggle as to the new phrases Nora is using! We can just imagine her as she throws up her hands, "I did it!" and the others also. Mina's mom did a great job on Teresa's hair. We love it. It does appear that it would take a bit of time. Lovely pictures of T and Nora! Love the last picture of Nora. Love ya,
Dad and Mom

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Awesome hair, T! I love all of Nora's phrases!!! I can just imagine her sweet little voice! I think T has the right idea, forget the bad things and move on! Hahahaha! I bet your always a nice Mommy, she just doesn't like everything you say ;)

fiona said...

Oh, WOW! That hair is awesome!! I need to sit and watch some youtube vids on hair. I mean, I have two girls. I should be a tad more creative with their lovely locks... And the quotes are too cute/funny! "Note" is just so random! I mean, I get how she came up with it, but still, that's pretty funny! And her gross diapers! Haaa! Poor kid. T's "get ready to laugh" had me laughing, too. Yeah, she's knows she's funny. Knock-knock jokes are the best. What a great stage you're getting into! They're actually really funny, because they're so senseless, huh?! Love the quotes; keep 'em coming!

fiona said...

Oh, also meant to say I love that Nora's getting on T's nerves on purpose... M does that so much. It's hilarious and annoying simultaneously.