Wednesday, May 23, 2012

T's Birthday Party, Part 2

Once T and M's guests started arriving, the bouncing really got fun.


 Don't they just have the cutest little friends?


Mina's parents found this giant bubble solution, and that was a huge hit with the kids as well. 





A really huge hit. It made some seriously ginormous bubbles!




T in a bubble:


I just think this next shot is very Sound of Music-y. You know, the hills are alive, and what not


Some perspective. Our backyard wouldn't have worked because of our hill, but theirs was just the right size for the bounce house.



We had a princess movie going on inside for when the kids got too hot from bouncing.


And then it was pinata time! The pinata actually worked out really well, I think it was a lot easier for the kids to just pull the strings instead of hitting it. 



I love T's hairstyle - she calls it her princess braid. Mina's mom did their cute matching hairstyles, she's got some really amazing braiding skills. T is always asking me to do her hair like this, and I'm getting better at it, but it still never looks even close to this good when I do it. 


Teresa had SUCH a hard time waiting for the cake to be cut. 
  


Look at that face! I guess it was a little cruel to put it right there at eye level while she was waiting for it...


We let the girls each have the fondant version of themselves.


T had no reservations about chomping down on her princess self...
  

  
  
  

Our poor cake!


Then it was present time! Poor Teresa had a really hard time just putting the new stuff down to open her next present. She was so cute, with each new thing she opened she would say "Oh my goodness!" or "Oh my goodness gracious!".

  





Finally some guns of her very own! Since we were home in April and she got to play guns with her boy cousins she has been yearning for some of her own, so she was thrilled with this set. She keeps running around the house with them saying "shoot, shoot".


She also got a bunch of fun arts and crafts stuff, we've been busy all week with her new stuff, all her friends were so generous!


Nora was there too, being cute as usual:


She really, really loves babies right now, it's rare for her to be without a baby doll, so of course she was thrilled to find this little guy in his car seat, right at her level. She liked popping his pacifier out so she could be so helpful and put it back in for him. She was super ticked when he left, poor babe. 



Teresa just had the best time with the party, I'm so glad we were able to do it. She and Mina are the cutest little friends (when they're getting along), and it was fun to celebrate them. Our plans for T's actual birthday are much more low key, but she is still excited to finally, actually be three instead of 'almost-three' like she's been telling people for so long now. I can't believe she is almost three, honestly, it's hard for me to remember life before the T, it feels like she's been a part of us forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pics ... I almost felt like I was there too! Tooks, your hair is so cute, and long, and straight! Oh, litle N and the baby ... looks like she's having fun! Hmmm, did Daddy give T the guns? LOL ... Yes, lotsa cute friends indeed. Good thing you had a nice hill behind the yard to play bubbles... and yes, it does seem like a Sound of Music spot with little T running... she loves to run. Hah, eating the fondant princess ... her little friend is intently watching ... it prob was very sweet and somehow I don't think it'd be too yummy. But it looked great:) Are those fondant rocks around the cake?... they are very authentic looking! Oh, the girls look so cute with the matching braids ... l love how it looks. The pinata was such a good idea, and looked like lots of fun... good thing it didn't get destroyed, as most poor pinatas do. Thanks for sharing with us!
Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

fiona said...

That braid is seriously cool! I need to learn more hair stuff. But what I really mean to say: what an awesome party! Looks like a blast, with the bounce house and the giant bubbles and, of COURSE, the cute kids! I love the pic of T looking at her headless princess-self, haha! And the pinata with the girls' pics in the window is so cute, too! N&B went to a party recently with that type of pinata... I think for older kids whacking it is more fun, but for this age, the string pull is a great idea! And then you still have a nice, intact pinata!

fiona said...

Oh, also, Nora is super cute with that lil' babe she was "helping" :D Guess she needs one of those around her own house... ;)

Aislinn said...

I keep looking for the "like" button on comments, LOL. Love this post! Looks like it was a huge hit of a party! How fun! The cake is totally fantastic and the braids are adorable! I love that T gushed about each gift so much, LOL. No shortage of gratitude, huh? Ugh...I should make notes when I read...I can't remember everything I wanted to comment on! It's so hard to remember life pre-kiddos, isn't it? I'm so glad T is part of our family! We sure love her (and the rest of you, too!)