Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pictures

We've been having fun here with these two little girls this week.





The transition to having a little sister doesn't seem to have been too traumatic for T so far. She is a little quicker to cry about some things now, but that's about it. She is loving having Nora around.





T is a pretty good helper, she's great at bringing me the boppy to feed Nora, and loves tucking extra blankets around her.


Nora finally decided to spend some time awake today, this is the most alert she's been since birth. I still can't believe how tiny she is! Even her newborn size outfits are big on her.








This is pretty much the best baby invention of all time! Fiona sent us this awesome swaddle blanket, and it is magical. When Nora is in it, she sleeps 3-4 hours at a time. Without it she's down to 1-2. Several times she's been fussy and crying, and as soon as we zip her up in this she settled right down. Plus, I think babies just look so cute when they're all swaddled up snug like that. Doesn't she look like a little carrot in it?


After T's bath, she just really wanted to hold Nora.


This one is actually from the day we brought her home.


Nora is such a perfect addition to our family, we just love her so much! It's been fun noticing the ways she is different or the same from Teresa when she was this age. She's been sleeping better than we hoped at night, so we're crossing our fingers she keeps that up. Overall, she seems easier than T was. Or maybe we're a little more experienced this time around ;).

5 comments:

David said...

Hi! Oh, those pics are so cute ... Treasa loves having Nora at your house TO KEEP! That "Wombie" blanket is wonderful... and it looks so comfy and easy ... I guess it sort of takes the place of swaddling with the little skinny blankets, and is faster and much more unlikely to unravel! Amazing! No, she doesn't look like a little carrot in it, she looks like a BIG carrot! Kind of looks like a little smile in that 2nd to last one in her sleeper. Mama looks great too. Thanks for sharing ... Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

J'Nette said...

i'm so happy for you tara, Nora is beautiful, and I LOVE that name. I'm so glad that T and Nora are getting along so well, you are such an inspiration. Two kids sounds exhausting :). I love the carrot picture too. I wish our kids could play :(, darn the distance. Hope you are feeling good after the delivery. I have to admit the minute i found out you delivered the baby i had to look at the weight :), i'm glad she was small, hah. And so beautiful. I love these blog things, makes me feel not so far away. much love and goodluck!

fiona said...

Aww, the pictures are all so adorable! I do love that bottom one, it's precious :) I'm so glad the Woombie works so well! I totally wished I'd come across it when M was still in the swaddling stage! She does look like a carrot :) I love the cute little bassinet/cradle you have! That looks so handy! And Little T just loves Nora, it's so obvious!

(Bran was looking at these pics with me, and as soon as he saw T, said, "what is her dressed like?" and "is it Halloween?" haha! After pressing him a bit more, it came out that he thought she looked like a little spider, with the purple and black outfit! I didn't get that vibe right off, but I can kinda see how it could be a cute little spidery outfit, I guess... ;)

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Oooohhh! They are so CUTE and sooo sweet together! I Love it! So many adorable pictures! What a sweet big sis T is! Nora's close up in her purple sleeper is so awesome, she's looking very intent. And the carrot, hahaha! Awesome! Nice find, Fiona! And I can see how T's purple shirt might resemble a spider web to cute little Bran...hmmm... Tara you're looking great! Love that picture of all 3 Milligan girls! Where's Marc?

Okay, Love the little smile one, so sweet! Also, Love the very first one. T's expression is soooo Cute! I want to hold them! Post more!!!

Carolyn said...

so cute. I kinda wonder if Nora took so much longer because the epidural actually worked. I think they tend to slow things down. I was talking to my mom and telling her I was fixing to see if you had finally had your baby and she told me you had her and that because she found out right before sacrament the actually shocked your dad with the news while bearing her testimony, but you probably knew that. She is gorgeous. Congratulations.