Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Who needs bibs?



Not us! We need something much, much bigger than that. Here's the thing. Teresa likes to grab stuff. Especially stuff that's headed for her mouth. She'd rather put it in there herself, you know. Except she's still working on that whole coordination thing. I was pretty naive when I thought "she'll just wear a bib, that should protect her clothes". Wrong. I'm pretty sure the food got everywhere EXCEPT on her bib. So we had to improvise. Because her clothes are just too cute to be getting mushy sweet potatoes on them. Now we just wrap a big dish towel around her and pin it in the back with a chip clip. Not only does it protect her clothes, it keeps her arms down too. No more grabbing! I expected her to protest her lack of arms, but it's been surprisingly effective so far. Plus, it makes me smile to see her like that.




5 comments:

J'Nette said...

hah, wow does that look familiar! I was thinking I could market "the Super bib" which covered a childs entire body. Why dont they have those by the way!? Luckily Dex has gotten alot more efficient since. The high chair and hand coordination helped too hah. Goodluck. I usually ended up (because it was summer) just strippin him down to his diaper to feed him. I couldn't stand to see those cute clothes get smeared with orange mess!

Melanie said...

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!!!! We had such messy eaters (Carlie would clean her toes out during oatmeal, and Halle uses her hair as a napkin) so we strip them naked. I absolutely cannot stand any stains on their cute clothes!!! But it's a little awkward when we have company or we are the company. Thanks for the idea!

Melissa said...

Perfect!
When my kids were too old for bibs, but not old enough to keep themselves clean (especially when they were dressed for church) I used (old too big for them) shirts that I cut straight down the front. I put them on the kids backwards and clipped with a clothes pin. We call them messy shirts!
You know that you have a cute baby when she looks so beautiful wearing a dish towel!!

fiona said...

That's hilarious!! She looks totally cute like that! I can't believe she's not annoyed by the fact that she can't use her arms...give her time ;) And it IS a great idea. Esp. the arm-pinning part at this age. We did the naked thing, too. Even now, actually, depending on the food we have top-naked 2-yr olds. The missionaries were over a coupla weeks ago and Nuala was peeling her shirt off for dinner and they were like, "put your shirt on!" She looked at them like they were weirdos.

Rob and Erin said...

Lol! She is so cute! That's hilarious, I love it! We do naked a lot too. Nice that it helps her keep her arms down :0) That's so funny about the missionaries and Nuala, Fiona!