Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's just sad...

So, Marcus and I went tubing yesterday, in New Braunfels. It was really fun, and not very crowded since school has started already. There were like, ten other people there, which is not how it usually is! Anyway, we had a lot of fun, especially Marcus, who had never been tubing on the Comal before, poor guy. But, we did suffer a tragedy while there. Before we got in, I was debating whether I should go barefoot, and risk hurting my feet on the rocks, or if I should wear my BYU flip flops and risk losing them, or worse, in the river. I finally decided to wear my flip flops and just be really, really careful with them. They've been on their last legs all summer, and I knew they could only last so much longer...I got them the summer before my junior year in high school, when we took Gary up to BYU, and have thus been wearing them (weather permitting) for the past seven years! And then they broke when I was thrown from my tube going over one of the tube shoots on the river! It was very sad. But now maybe Marcus will let me buy some new ones ;)

(this isn't the best picture, I had to take it with my phone, since our battery charger is still missing)

8 comments:

Gary Patrick Ricker said...

Very sad...I hope that you can find some new BYU flip-flops.

pauline said...

We guess now that they are only flops. You should have bought a pair while still there in anticipation of the demise of this pair. Love,Dad (and Mom)

Rob and Erin said...

it's not just sad, it's tragic. they were a staple in the Tara wardrobe. I don't know if i'll be able to recognize you when I see you...

zachariah said...

Like, oh my gosh!! what will you wear, you'll need like a whole new wardrobe...

fiona said...

I totally thought I commented on this, in fact I even remember typing it out, but it obviously didn't post. Z told me he commented and I kept waiting to get the email notification of the new comments, and it never came...

Anyway! That is sad. I'm sorry. I could tell Dad typed that comment as soon as I read, "I guess now they are only flops," funny! such a Dad-thing to say! Oooh, here's one: I guess they were just on their last legs... Get it? Last legs?? yours WERE the last legs they were on... hahaha :) oh boy, I'm good. Glad you had fun tubing!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations and thanks for commenting on my blog. Aislinn, you look wonderful.

erin said...

TARA!!!! Post more!!!!

fiona said...

What's REALLY just sad is that it's now been exactly TWO MONTHS since you've posted!!! Please, give us SOMETHING!! Sigh... ;)