Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Five Year Old

We have a five-year-old at our house. FIVE. The last five years have absolutely flown by. Let's take a little trip through memory lane, shall we?

2009


2010


2011


2012


2013


And 2014


We just love this girl so much. SO much. Her favourite book the past few weeks has been Dragons Love Tacos, so she wanted to have a taco party on her birthday. And she's known for months that she wanted a rose cake. She was so sweet, and kept saying all day that it was her best birthday ever. 

Her main two requests this year were for a new bow and arrow set, and for a Snow White baby doll. She was too cute when she opened that doll, she just kept saying "oh my goodness!" and  "I can't believe it!".














For once a cake actually turned out the way I wanted it too! I followed this tutorial, and it was super simple.



These two are so silly together.



Teresa is so much fun. I'm so glad I get to be her mom. She is so thoughtful and helpful. She relishes her role as the oldest child and loves to be in charge. She is super smart. She loves to read and draw and decorate and organize things. She walks around with a notepad planning out parties. She has her entire wedding planned out. She has an awesome laugh and tells the funniest jokes. She is always concerned about the people around her. She is very analytic, and you can't slip anything past her. She is a little diva-sassy-pants. She frustrates me the most when she's acting just like me. She is a little daddy's girl lately and will admonish Marc quite strongly if she thinks he was at work for too long. She is thrilled about being a dog owner. 

And this is where her birthday interview would go if our memory card would cooperate. Hopefully soon.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Such a sweet and beautiful 5 year old!! I can not believe she is already 5 because that means that my little guy will be 5 in a few weeks and I just refuse to believe that he will be that old. Wish we were closer to help her celebrate! Big hugs and kisses to the birthday girl!!!

Carolyn said...

Awesome. She really is adorable and looking might mature. I love that she gets after Marc for being at work too long. I love your birthday interview tradition. You are so blessed. Keep up the good work.

pauline said...

That was great!!! We love all the pictures...right from the chunky little BIG baby to the now very mature five year old!!! It's amazing how much more grown she looks from age 4 to 5 :) I agree with your assessment ... everything you said about her, I have observed... incl the fact that she is a very thankful little girl ... as she was when she opened her Snow White doll... and her gratitude for her best birthday ever! The pics of N and F are so cute too... and the rest of you! What wonderful blessings you have there... Love you, Mom (Dad too) xox

pauline said...

That was great!!! We love all the pictures...right from the chunky little BIG baby to the now very mature five year old!!! It's amazing how much more grown she looks from age 4 to 5 :) I agree with your assessment ... everything you said about her, I have observed... incl the fact that she is a very thankful little girl ... as she was when she opened her Snow White doll... and her gratitude for her best birthday ever! The pics of N and F are so cute too... and the rest of you! What wonderful blessings you have there... Love you, Mom (Dad too) xox

fiona said...

I can't believe she's 5! Cliche, but true. Well, I can kinda believe it... ;) Okay, her pin-the-horn-on-the-unicorn game... for some reason it's totally cracking me up! I think because I could see it being placed in a semi-awkward-yet-hilarious spot... hehehee... Oh, man, I'm so inappropriate... sigh. I love the pics of her. She's a beautiful lil' lass!

fiona said...

And I still am mightily impressed by your cake... it's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

So AWEsome!! 5!!! She looks so OLD, in the look back pictures. Look at how she's grown. Finn's face is so sweet! and Nora is having so much fun too! Love these cute kiddos!

This is Erin :)

the Jorgensens said...

When are you going to post the birthday interview???