Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Four!

My baby girl turned four this week. It sure is true when they say that the days are long but the years are short. I can't believe what a big girl she is now. She's so smart and funny and sassy and imaginative and just plain awesome. We are so very blessed to have her in our family.

We baked her cake the day before and she was so looking forward to decorating it. The first thing she said this morning was "now is it time to decorate my cake?"


She thought there might be some presents downstairs for her...


Nora was so cute, she kept saying "balloons, balloons make me happy"


Already wearing her Rapunzel shoes.  


Teresa has long wanted some princess dress up shoes, but I have never, ever been able to find any that fit her feet. They all seem to be really long and narrow. She found some Cinderella shoes at Target a few months ago and insisted that they fit perfectly and that she loved them, but I could see how tight and uncomfortable they looked. Luckily the Disney Store seems to have changed their dress up shoe sizing, so we were finally able to find some that fit. She was totally surprised to unwrap them, as it had been months since we went to try them on.




I promise she was excited to wear her tiara.



I love those girls. We got some little finger puppet party favors and they were having so much fun making up stories with them. 


One of T's stories. She kills people off pretty often, I'm not sure what to make of it...




Teresa requested waffles and sausage for her birthday breakfast. She loves sausage like Nora loves bacon...


Pin the horn on the unicorn. She said this was her favorite decoration! 



Thrilled that she won. 


I just think Nora is cute.


Teresa had a VERY specific vision for how she wanted her cake to look. I will admit, it was incredibly difficult for me to give up control of the cake decorating. Especially when she insisted on purple frosting. Is there a less appetizing frosting color out there?



But they had fun directing me and adding the purple frosting and sprinkles.



You can see where T got impatient with her sprinkling...




I think she had a pretty awesome day. After presents and breakfast we took them to a bounce house for a few hours, where she proudly announced it was her birthday as soon as we walked in. 

And here's the annual birthday interview. I love how formal she is at the beginning. It was SO much easier getting her interview this year than when she turned three.

Birthday Interview from Tara Milligan on Vimeo.

And before you ask, I don't know what fruit meyer's are, and I'm assuming meat-dogs were in reference to the sausage links we had for breakfast.

3 comments:

Aislinn said...

Great pictures! I think the cake turned out really cute and it will be a fun memory for her that she got to decorate it. You're a good mama to be able to let her do that, LOL! (But yeah...purple frosting has to be at the top of the unappetizing list, LOL!) Her interview was SO CUTE! She's so articulate and poised the whole time! Awww...happy 4th birthday, Teresa Brigid Milligan!

fiona said...

Hahahaha! Maeve LOVED the videos! I did, too, obviously... ;) I love the voices she uses for her different characters... My favorite lines: "why did you DIE him?!" "Well, he told me to shut my mouth!" And then the 2nd "I... DON"T... CARE!!!" cracks me up! M also noticed that Nora was going to say "no" to T's request to try the balloon, heheheee...

The interview is awesome! I totally want to do that with my kids. I remember thinking that last year, and then never doing it. I should just do it now, not even bday ones! She is definitely quite well-spoken!

Her bday looks like it was a lot of fun! I really like your pin the horn on the unicorn game! Did you make it yourself? Of course you did! It's really cute! And the cake! Yes, I'm in agreement... purple frosting = ugh! Letting them decorate it = awesome. Happy birthday to Tressa Tru!! We love you!!! I can't believe she's FOUR.

pauline said...

Dad & I loved this post ... aww, such cute little girls, and they look like they are having lotsa fun together celebrating T's b'day. The castle cake looked good enough to eat (b4 the frosting ...heeheehee) It looked great after the decor too! She loved all her gifts... I can tell the Rapunzel shoes were popular. The interview was great... loved how composed she was and how well-thought her answers were... meat-dogs hahaha! No problems saying all those "r's" either ... She got a little carried away there with so many foxes! ... oh, and we LOVED her rendition of the song... she'll make a great teacher too :) Thanks for sharing ... we had fun with it! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox