Thursday, April 19, 2012

Things she says: Nora edition

Our little Nora is becoming quite the chatter box, her cute little vocabulary is growing each day.

So far her list of favorites includes:

cheeeese - for the camera and the food

please - she will bring me a baby doll and some clothes with a sweet little 'please' to dress them up for her

ant oooo - her little version of 'thank you'.

Teesee - what she calls Teresa. T was playing peek a boo a few days ago and I was saying "where's Teresa", and Nora piped up with "Teesee, Teesee", it was so cute.

asses, asses, down - She loves to play ring around the rosies, and if I'm busy when she wants to do it she will just spin her little self in a circle and say "asses, asses, down!" and plop down on her bum.

bess ou - Bless you, anytime one of us sneezes.

hee kitty - here kitty, she smooshes herself flat against the ground so she can see under the entertainment center, where that darn cat always hides. Then she calls "hee kitty, hee kitty" while she stretches her little arm as far as she can to reach him.

And all the usual's like apple, hi, bye, mama, and daddy. She can tell us what a cat, dog, and horse say, she kept saying 'neigh' while we were looking at the zebras at the circus, too.

Here's a little video I took a week or so ago, her meow's are much more clear now, since she's had a real cat to practice them on. Did I mention we got another cat? He is pale orange and came with the name Jagger, but T calls him Jaguars. He's totally lame and hides all day until the girls go to bed, then he comes out and sits at my feet while passing the foulest smelling gas I've ever smelled, which is saying a lot, when you think about who I live with...We've had him about two weeks and the girls have only gotten to pet him a handful of times. We'll see how much longer he lasts.

Anyway, on to the video.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very cute ... she has more words that I expected her to have! Now, you need to teach her that it's ... "donkeys, donkeys, we all fall down" lol ... hope the poor kitty soon starts to be a little more friendly ... the little video is very cute; she was even willing to take bottle breaks while she smilingly obeyed you... we enjoyed it ... love, Mom (Dad too) xox

fiona said...

Haha, I love the ring-around-the-rosies, thing! What a cute little talker she is! To me, it sounds like she's saying "chau" at the end, even, though I know prob not ;) She says "apple" so well! Even has the 'L' sound down! My kids are loving watching this. Bran asked, "whose baby is that?" and I said, "That's Nora..." and he said, "oh, Tressa's baby?" Yep. Also, her hair is so blond! She really reminds me of Maeve at that age-ish! We love the video!