Monday, January 16, 2012

Enchanted Springs

A few days after Christmas we went to Enchanted Springs Ranch, a cute little tourist-y spot a few miles outside of Boerne. It's a little cowboy type village, with gun shows and exotic animals and the like, and it's also a movie set. We dressed T up in her brand new cowboy boots (from Santa) for the occasion. (Also, here's where I tell you there are going to be A LOT of pictures in this post. What can I say, there were just too many cute little nieces and nephews there for me to narrow it down anymore than this.)



Nora was pretty excited!



The kids all played on this cute little playground while we waited for the puppet show to start.



Nora the cowgirl (with some help from Aine)


Locked up!


Declan was able to escape, though.





I love these horse tire swings. One day I'll have somewhere to hang one.





They had a cute little puppet show talking about the history of longhorns and cowboys and stuff in Texas, Nora thought it was pretty exciting.



So did the Smiths.


And poor T, she loved the puppet show, and the subsequent tractor ride to see all the animals, but the gun show was just absolutely awful for her. She hates loud knocking sounds, and I guess the blank gun shots also qualified. I took her out to walk around after she freaked out at the beginning of the show. I made the mistake of taking her back in for the bull whip demonstrations - turns out the crack of a whip is even louder than fake gun shots and she was off my lap and scrambling for the door faster than I'd ever seen her move before. Poor little thing, she was so upset by it, she asked to go back in to the little church, and then fell asleep in my arms - I guess she really was quite traumatized by it all.

She did wake up in time to sit on the real live longhorn they brought out.



Too bad they put him in such terrible lighting!

4 comments:

pauline said...

Thanks ... the pics are great ... I was LOLing about T scrambling for the door at the loud noises! It was such a nice day for your visit there. The cousins are having fun together too! You didn't put up tooooo many pictures... they are great :) Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Oh, that was so much fun!!! Love T's boots! And Nora definitely looks like she is Loving the puppet show, hahaha! She has the cutest grin!! Look at Teresa sneaking up on those unsuspecting boys... Oh, and I hadn't noticed this before, only the middle swing is a horse, the other two are longhorns! Liam pointed it out to me... Hahaha, Declan's escape hatch, I love it! Patrick has a pretty menacing prisoner face on here, probably learned it from when he got arrested earlier. Wow, I could totally start a rumor, but I will clarify right now. We all know he was Fake arrested by the Pretend sheriff at Enchanted Springs :0) We won't mention the charge... Poor T and all the loud noises... Those are some super cute cowgirls you have there!

Tara said...

Oh my goodness, I totally didn't realize two of them were longhorns! I did wonder what the horns were, I guess I was thinking they were supposed to be some kind of bridle or something, but they are totally horns! Ha, now I feel a little silly. Good thing we have Liam around :)

fiona said...

Oh, fun, fun, fun! Poor T and the noises! And Erin looks really cool in that picture with the LONGHORN and horse swings... you know, where it looks like Aoife's about to get walloped and Erin was captured in the process of realizing/reacting to that fact.