Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mostly about Marc

This post is mostly about Marc. But not completely, because I don't think I'm capable of blogging without at least mentioning Teresa. Anyway, I just wanted to give a shout out to Marc for getting an Army Achievement Medal this week. He got it for "exceptionally outstanding achievement in having exceeded the course standard" and "being selected to the commandant's list". They also said that he is "representative of exactly the type of technically savvy soldier" they are looking for. Basically he got it for doing so awesome in his training in Florida. So, way to go Marc! I know his training was so hard, and he worked really hard at it, so I'm glad that he got some awesome recognition for it.



As for the rest of us, T is getting bigger and bigger, and adding more words to her vocabulary every day. It's fun to hear her start to make more sense when she is chattering now. We're working on saying her name, but no luck so far. Today at Target the cashier asked us if she was two or three! I know she's pretty tall, but I definitely don't think she looks like a three year old.

The pregnancy is going well still. I've started feeling super pregnant this past week. I took my glucose test last week. I actually really enjoyed it, because Marc had T, so I went alone to do it. It was nice to have an excuse to just sit and read a book for an hour with no little distractions! No gestational diabetes, but I am anemic. I wasn't too surprised by that at first, since I've always been borderline anemic, even not pregnant, but I actually am a little bummed, because we've been doing green smoothies for breakfast, so I'm definitely getting my share of dark, leafy greens. It does help explain why I've been extra tired (not just pregnant tired) lately. The carpal tunnel isn't too bad yet, mostly only after I do a lot of cleaning or typing. Or knitting, so that's out too. Over all, this pregnancy is still going waaaaayyyy better than T's.

I wanted to get some pics of T in her cute little Mr. Rogers sweater today, but she wouldn't come out of the closet long enough, so these will have to do. She loves to shut herself in here, and then pop out and say "Hiiiii!". Which I think is a little weird, because it's also the 'time-out' closet, and she definitely doesn't love it as much then.



But then when I was loading pics from the camera, I found these from last week. So, same outfit, different day. She loves to carry around any type of bag, she's such a girl.



6 comments:

fiona said...

GooooOOOooo, Marcus! That's awesome, and not in the least surprising! Congratulations :)

And no, she doesn't at ALL look like a three-year old, but I must say I am a bit shocked by how big/old Little T looks in these last couple of pics. Does she not know she's supposed to still be "baby Teresa", as she's known around our house? ;) Adorable sweater, and she looks so cute in Sister Dunn's outfit! I'm glad the pg is going well. Guess you better add some delicacies like liver to your diet since the green smoothies aren't cuttin' it. ;)

J'Nette said...

i'm so sorry about your carpal tunnel, i had that too after i was pregnant. It was horrible. I got the braces for me to sleep with at night and during the day for the first few weeks and they were amazing! you should try! T looks amazing, haha I say T like i see her all the time. I wish i could see you more. Hope all is well, love your blog.

pauline said...

Oh, that is wonderful news Marc ... you are a hard worker, and deserve the recognition. I hope you soon get to start work. Nice pics of little Treasa Breege ... she is a happy little girl, and busy chattering all the time, I know. Thanks for sharing your good news, and the pics of your smiley little rascal!
Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Melanie said...

Marcus!!! That is so awesome. We actually always knew he was made of that material. One of the most patriotic men we know. Congratulations!!! And T is cute as a button as always!!!

Whitney said...

Hi Tara...it's Whitney! Stumbled upon your blog...your little girl is so cute! It's fun to read your blog...hope you don't mind! -Whit

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Awesome!!! Way to go, Marcus!!! Seriously awesome :0) WAy to work soooo hard and it's nice to get some awesome recognition for it!!! Little T is getting so big, and look at her beautiful smile! That stinks about your carpal tunnel. I heard about your green smoothies, way to go, I keep meaning to do those...
Nice Mr. Rogers sweater, she is too adorable, give her a big hug and kiss from me!