Monday, November 1, 2010

The Halloween Post

I had big plans to actually make Teresa's costume for Halloween this year. That didn't happen, and I totally blame the move for that ;). Also, we ended up finding a cute butterfly outfit at the Children's Place for nine bucks, so I figured it was cheaper than any attempt I would make at doing something myself. The only problem? She hated it. Had a complete melt down every time we put it on. We skipped our ward trunk-or-treat activity mostly because T just couldn't even function once we put her costume on. She seriously couldn't even drink her milk without bursting in to tears, and if you know T, it takes a lot to distract her from milk.

Being the mean mom that I am, I made her put it on one more time so we could take some pictures. Even though we didn't get any cute smiley ones, we figured we still needed the pictures to remember for posterity, right?



She absolutely would not wear the little hat with her antenna's on it. There was just no way I was gonna be able to get it on her head for the pictures.




Sunday we just stuck some cat ears (from the $ spot at Target) on with her black top and tights she wore with her church outfit and gave her some whiskers. She was MUCH happier with this arrangement. Actually, she wasn't interested in wearing the ears until Marc took her trick or treating. They just went to the few neighbors we've met here and T thought it was great that they were giving her candy.

Her favorite part of Halloween was handing out candy to trick or treaters. She waved at them all as they walked up and blew them kisses as they left.

Sorry there are so many pictures, but I didn't feel like making a collage, so you just get them all :)

Coming home with her loot





Making a tough decision...








I love her little belly sticking out in this one


Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

pauline said...

Oh my goodness ... she is super cute in the black kitty outfit ... I don't blame her for liking it better than the butterfly (which is cute too ... she had definitely made her mind up about that one! ... shd take it back to Kid-2-Kid next year). She looks good in black! Nice job on the whiskers too ... what did she think of herself in the mirror? You've got some great kitty pics there ... Dad & I had a good laugh at them all. Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Keli said...

love the kitty costume!

fiona said...

She is just the cutest kitty ever!! Even cuter than Z was last year! haha. The butterfly costume's cute, too, but I like the kitty one better. Just like little T ;) Those are awesome pics of her as a butterfly though! Her hair's getting lighter, isn't it? And the tummy shot is great -- she's just too dang adorable!

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Hahaha!!! She is sooo funny! I Love that she expresses her taste so vigorously! She is The Cutest little Kitty!!! Look at her! I also love the middle butterfly pic! Her hair is getting so blonde!