Friday, June 14, 2013

Third

Finally, the third trimester! Seriously, this pregnancy has c r a w l e d by. Like a sloth. A crawling sloth? I don't know, but I feel like it's taken forever. It's been pretty much a dead heat between this one and T's pregnancy, but I'm gonna call it and say this one is the worst so far. They have been really, really similar, from the constant nausea and ER visits, to the migraines and carpal tunnel, to the passing out if I sit still for too long, but this one edged ahead with the immobilizing back pain. Thank goodness for chiropractors! I'm really hoping that the fact that baby boy's pregnancy is so similar to T's will mean that his labor and delivery will be similar as well. We're also interested to see if the similar pregnancies will mean any other personality/appearance similarities to Teresa, or if it's all just random.

I decided to go ahead and stick with the OB I've been using since we moved here. I was pretty sure I wanted to switch to the midwives/birth center option, so I was surprised when we went and toured it and it just felt really wrong, and totally changed our minds.

I'm actually not loving my doctor right now, though. She used to be, seriously, the best doctor I've had, really nice and actually let's you talk, and never makes you feel like she's sooo much smarter than you (unless you don't want IUD birth control), but my past few visits she's been not so cool. She keeps trying to move my due date, because she apparently doesn't believe me when I tell her I know when I got pregnant? I guess. And she's acting pretty concerned that baby boy is measuring a bit big, as if I don't have a history of giant babies. I'm relatively certain the reason Nora was so much smaller was because of my anemia with her, and since I'm not this time around I do think we're looking at having another big baby. I can't say I'm thrilled at the thought, but I don't think it's anything to freak out about, either.

Ha, this was kind of funny, we took the girls to my last appointment, they were really excited to hear the heart beat, and they were so ridiculous while we were there. They weren't too awful in the waiting room, but it was pretty much the quietest waiting room ever, so every little noise they made sounded so loud. And then when I was in with the nurse they were both being such rascals, Nora kept screaming and had a huge melt down, and T kept rolling around on the floor. I could tell the nurse was not thrilled that they were there, which was fine, because I was not thrilled that they were there, either. So when she left we threatened them pretty much within an inch of their little lives. It totally worked (for once) because when the doctor came in she couldn't stop going on about how well behaved they were. Marc and I were trying not to laugh as she kept saying what little angels they were. Hopefully she didn't compare notes with the nurse after we left...

Both our girls are still super excited about their little brother. Nora has big plans to give him all her pacifiers (or paci-furrs, and she calls them) and to feed him milk when he gets here. I'm doubting the paci thing will come true, but it's cute that she wants to share with him. Teresa has been such a super star helper lately. I've been SO tired the past few weeks, and she is so good about playing quietly so I can rest during Nora's nap time. T is still campaigning for his middle name to be Salad Sandwich.

In other news, we registered T to start pre-school in the fall. Honestly, it's still a little horrifying for me to think of her being away from me for so long every day. Even though it's only half-day. I know she will love it, though, she has really had a rough time with how much of a hit her social life has taken since I've been pregnant and several of her friends have moved. She asks at least weekly if we can move to California, and when I say no she gets all exasperated and says "Well, then can we please move to Texas?!?". She also told us that when she goes to school she is going to tell them to call her Tressa, instead of Teresa. She's been trying to get us to switch back, too, but it's so hard for me to remember. Nora is good at correcting me, though.

Nora is still a little fire cracker. She's been extra snuggly and needy lately, which is fine by me. Poor babe is having a rough time getting the rest of her molars in all the way, she always gets a fever for a few days when she's working on one. We've kind of put the brakes on weaning her from the pacifiers lately. Mostly because if she had any other special attachment item (like a doll or blanket) I wouldn't be forcing her to give it up just because she turned two. I know pacis are socially unacceptable after two, but I don't really care. All the little old Asian ladies at the commissary definitely do, though. It's kind of amusing to hear them all try to convince her to hand her paci over.

Marc is still working a thousand hours a week, or at least that's what it feels like. T made him sad the other day, I heard her talking to one of her stuffed animals, saying "My name is T-E-R-E-S-A. And Nora is N-O-R-A. She's my stister. And my mommy is brilliant, and my daddy just goes to work all the time". But hopefully it will all pay off eventually, right?

If you made it this far, here are some pictures. We took the girls to pick strawberries last week. They were totally cute doing it, Nora would say "twist and pull!" every time she got one. But then she saw a butterfly and completely freaked out. Seriously, people were staring. So Marc and T got to finish picking our row because Nora just could. not. function.



4 comments:

pauline said...

That was a good long comment for your journaling!!! Interesting too. Ah the pics are great ... strawb picking was fun (till the butterfly LOL) ... I love the giraffe outfit :) Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

fiona said...

Wow, T had a really nice comment about YOU for her stuffed animal: "Mommy is brilliant..." Did she come up with that herself, or has there been some... shall we say, coaching, involved? ;) Just kidding! How would she not realize you are brilliant?! Poor Marc, having to work so much! And poor you and the girls, to have to miss him! Sorry your doc has lost cool points. Hopefully you won't have to really interact with her much. Besides the whole BIRTH thing. I honestly can't wait to see how big this lil' guy is! Go for 10! Also, I'm happy that T likes being called Tressa. I was reading something to the kids today, and said "Teresa" (it was a story I wrote a long time ago abt Mom and A.Teresa), and Maeve corrected me: "It's TRESSA!" Yeah, let Nora keep those paci-furrs! Everyone trying to get Bran to stop sucking his thumb actually made me want him to do it MORE! If only they knew. That's funny abt their behaviour at the ultrasound! Must've been some good threatenings... ;) Well, I'm sad we won't see you this summer. :( You should hop on a space A flight with the 3 kids this fall and come see us! B/c that would be easy.

the Jorgensens said...

I'm glad my pregnancies haven't been like yours. Sheesh. But, I can't wait to see what your little boy looks like! We should find out in the next couple of weeks if we're going to San Antonio or not!

Rachel Chappell said...

LOL. I can't stop laughing about the doctor appointment...I'm just so glad I don't have the only embarrassing children in public. I hope you feel better soon. Also, I don't think it's just you about your slow pregnancy. I was wondering the other day if you had your baby, and then I realized you weren't do for a few more months. Whoops... Sorry about that. :)