Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's a boy!

We were thrilled to find out this week that we are having a boy! Teresa was ecstatic, and I'm sure Nora will come around :).

We had an awesome ultrasound tech. It's crazy how much more in depth this ultrasound was compared to Nora's just 2ish years ago. Our little guy was being a big rascal and not moving around too much, so it was a bit difficult for the tech to get all the measurements she needed. Not too surprising, he definitely doesn't kick me as much as the girls did at this point. She saw right away and asked if we wanted to know the gender, because she already did. I had thought I'd seen something but wasn't sure, so she went ahead and confirmed that it was a boy. A little bit later on Marc asked if we could see the proof, but the little rascal was holding on to it so we couldn't see. She did eventually get the money shot for us, though.

It was amazing to us how much detail we were able to see, even though the tech said he was only about the size and weight of a can of soda.





We stopped on the way home and got the girls some blue balloons.


Teresa was so, so happy about getting a brother. Nora was pretty much just excited about the balloon. I asked her what the balloon meant and she said "it means a baby gir-ul!". She was not happy when I told her she was wrong. 

I take approximately one picture per pregnancy, and here they all are! The first one is with T at about 23 weeks, second is with Nora at 21 weeks and the third is with this one at 19 weeks. If only I'd worn that blue shirt for the Nora picture! Also, I can't say that I'm loving what having kids has done to the awesome-ness of my hair. 


I will be honest and say I was the tiniest bit disappointed about not having another girl. But, I'm also sure that if we were having a girl I would have been a bit disappointed it wasn't a boy.

Now I just have to figure out where we want to deliver him, but that's a post for another day. 



3 comments:

pauline said...

That's great ... hahaha Nora discounting the BLUE balloon to still assert it will be a girl :) Nice pics of your three pregnancies! Whatdya mean about your hair? I think it looks great! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Rachel Chappell said...

Wait...when are you guys moving? Are you moving? What doctor are you going to right now? So many questions! But, you look wonderful! And I love the picture of the girls. And I hope you're feeling better since the first trimester was blah for you. And I just realized that this turned into a novel. :)

fiona said...

I love the 3 pregnancy pics side by side! Your hair does look good in all of them! so... you were NOT being sarcastic? I'm so confused. ;) Poor Nora! Just had to hold out hope! Well, Maeve's on her side. Nuala and Bran are really excited for you to have a little boy, and Maeve was just like, "well... maybe it will be a girl..." Yeah, right. That's a pret-ty clear ding-dong shot!

I am VERY excited to see y'all have a boy! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! I'm just sad that I prob won't see him until he's almost a year old. :( Unless you come visit Okinawa before then. You should totally do that.