Thursday, June 14, 2012

Things They Say

Nora is adding more and more words to her vocabulary every day. I love her sweet little voice. She has a couple of sentences she says a lot - "Nee some mok" and "I nee moe" (need some milk and I need more). She's been combining more words as well, and we think it's so cute.

                                         

                                                     

She says "hey baby" and "okay Mama" a lot. I love when she says "hey" - even though she mostly uses it when she's upset or irritated, she draws it out like "heeeeyyy". We took her in to the doctor for a little diaper rash problem and the whole time she was getting checked out she kept saying "heeeyyy, heeeyyyy". She really hates the doctor. Later we went and saw the ducks here on base and once the geese showed up Nora got a little intimidated. To be fair, most of them are taller than her. She'd been really brave with the ducks, but the geese were getting really close and kept flapping their big old wings, so she started backing towards me and grabbing my legs and yelling at them "hey! heeeyy! hey!" It was really cute.

                                        

                                        

She also says "all done" and "I fished" (I'm finished) when she's done eating.

                                                       

                                                       
(Saying "byyyyeeee ducks" - these pics are a few weeks old, but I had to put them up because our darn dryer just ate those cute little overalls. Marc was the one to break the news to me...I guess they got caught in the lint trap and one of the straps just ripped right off. I was about to retire them anyway, but they were pretty much my favorite little Nora outfit, so I was pretty bummed. )

Teresa is hilarious as usual. When I asked why she was changing her skirt today she said "Mom, it just isn't fableeous enough" (fabulous). When she's irritated with something we do or say she will say "That is NOT acceptacle!" (acceptable). She's been having some attitude problems lately (turns out three really can be worse than two!) and so we are often heard telling her that she needs to adjust her attitude. The other day I was putting her in time out, and after I told her I would be back to get her when she was done she yelled after me "and take your attitude with you!". Oh, half the time we have to try so hard to not let her see us laugh because of how funny she is being, even when she is being a rascal.


                                         

                                         

                                         

She has her sweet moments too, she will randomly say to us "you are the best guys in the whole wide world" or "you're the sweetest Mom in the whole world". When I'm out with the two of them I'll usually get Nora out of her carseat and then have Teresa hold her on her lap while I put T's shoes on. The other day while I was getting T's shoes on and she was holding Nora she kept kissing her cheek and saying "You're the best little sister in the whole world, I love you so much!". It was pretty much the sweetest thing ever. 



We took a walk last week and Nora didn't want any help whatsoever. She would get so mad when I would try to hold her hand if we were crossing a street she would try to wriggle out of my grasp (saying "heeeyyy!") so Teresa launched into a little lecture "Nora, you've just got to hold your Mommy's hand when you are crossing the street. Do you see me? I'm holding Mommy's hand, because I am being safe!". Like Teresa has any room to lecture someone else on that topic, little rascal!

                                                

After hearing us ask both herself and Nora if they can pronounce different words or sentences, Teresa will now ask us to say stuff as well. So she'll say something like "Dad, can you say some-made-up-word" and when he does she will say "that's my boy!".

                                    

Every morning when we wake up, T rolls over and says "So Mom, should we talk about the beach", and I'll say "sure, Teresa, what about the beach" and she'll say "we really need to get a beach ball". Seriously, every single morning since her birthday.

                                               

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, hahahahaha ... I have had a good laugh ... N is so cute... I love all her new words and phrases ... she does look lovely in the little overalls ... you got some good wear from them b4 they bit the dust. She has a healthy respect for the big geese I see... I don't blame her.

T is such a little character; yes, it's a good thing you can turn your back when ya hafta laugh at her stuff ... take your attitude with you!!! that's just "fableeous" ... hehehe! Oh, I like her cute green/grey/blue outfit too ... that must've been b4 the haircut?

Thanks for sharing all that with us :) Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Rob and Erin Smith said...

LOL!!! I super love it!!! The beach, awesome! This was such a Cute, hilarious post! Your girls are so beautiful! I can't wait to see all that attitude in person! Nora's "hey" so awesome and the "fableeous" little T! I was showing Aoife all the pics of your girls and every once in a while she'd say "me" thinking it's her when she was younger, but no! I can't wait for them all to hang out and play together!!! Soon, soon.... Love you guys!

fiona said...

What a fableeous post! I love them. What cute things they say! I love N's overalls, and her little "heeeey..." I'm cracking up at T saying "and take your attitude with you!" hahaha! Yes, the Twos totally get a bad rap, but I think Threes are a tougher. I can't wait to see y'all! Don't forget to get a beach ball...