Saturday, March 31, 2012

We were this close...

A few weeks ago we got the chance to go listen to Mitt Romney speak at a Town Hall meeting here in Maryland. Eegits that we are, knowing it started at 3:30, for some reason planned to arrive at 3:30. On the way there we were kicking ourselves for not planning to arrive earlier. I'm gonna blame it on the fact that it was the day after I got back from Texas, and my brain was still a little foggy.

Anyway, the place was totally packed and we weren't able to get inside, but he did come out and speak for a few minutes before going back in to do his Town Hall thing. It was so fun and interesting listening to him speak, and really gave me a glimpse of why people can get so riled up and energized about political candidates.


Those blurry people are me and the Nora, here's a better picture of Mitt:


So presidential...

We had planned to leave both girls with a babysitter, but took Nora with us at the last minute because she'd been having a bit of a cold. It was so fun to have some one-on-one time with Nora, poor little second child that she is. She was so sweet and cute, but unfortunately missed out on being the baby that Mitt held before he went back inside. I totally think she would have made such a better photo-op than that other baby...


Marc ditched me after Mitt went in, to go take some pictures, and a journalist started interviewing me about my opinions on Mitt. It was so nerve wracking, I felt like I sounded so dumb the whole time I was talking to him. He wanted my opinion as a young mom, and I'm pretty sure he was a super-liberal kind of guy, so I felt like I was on the defensive the whole time. Of course after we walked away I thought of about a million better answers than the ones I gave him.

Nora with her Mitt Romney sticker:


(On which our interviewer sardonically commented)


Isn't she cute? Her first political rally...


We stuck around a bit to listen to the broadcasted Town Hall meeting, but it was a hard to hear, so we wandered off and did a little photo shoot with Nora for her one year pictures, instead. We just love her so much, and she is so fun to photograph now, with her big smiles and "cheese"'s for the camera.



This one is my favorite:









2 comments:

fiona said...

Ooooh, where will your interview show up? I hope you track it down! Way to be a young, hip mom voting for Mitt! ;) Nora is the cutest! She is so smiley! I love how she stands, with those straight little legs stuck out there! She just makes me grin :) And yeah, he totally shoulda held Nora... I bet he'd have snagged a few thousand (at least) more votes if people saw THAT pic...

Aislinn said...

Love this post! You are the epitome of a young, hip mom, for sure! Look at your cute shirt and trendy glasses! Also, love Marc's cap...you done good! ;) Of course, Nora steals the show...she's such a cutie pie doll! <3